DRR fellows | YI-Lab | ngo jobs : Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab) is a not-for-profit civic tech company that works at the intersection of emerging cutting-edge technological tools and their applications by equipping young professionals to solve emerging challenges in our community. YI-Lab’s mission statement is, ‘to engage young people to bridge science to people and policy through innovation’. YI-Lab harnesses indigenous knowledge, citizen science approach, develops low-cost technological solutions, promotes open data, promotes entrepreneurship, and conducts evidence-based advocacy campaigns. YI-Lab provides a conducive environment for young people to co-create solutions for inclusive development.
DRR fellows for Disaster Risk Reduction – Young Leaders Fellowship
Disaster Risk Reduction – Young Leaders Fellowship (DRR-Fellowship) is a unique six-month experiential fellowship program. Based on the first-hand experience, it provides DRR enthusiasts with an opportunity to gain in-depth experience in DRRM and related disciples. It further creates the next generation of DRR Young Professionals to enhance disaster resilience communities.
DRR-Fellowship is an initiative of Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab) with the financial support from USAID’s Tayar Nepal. It aims to build technical capacities of local government to support localization of Disaster Information Management System (DIMS) locally known as Building Information Platform Against Disaster (BIPAD) portal. BIPAD portal brings all credible digital and spatial data available within government bodies, non-government organizations, academic and research institutions into a single platform. The portal allows local governments to host BIPAD portal independently, fostering an effective data partnership mechanism to enhance their preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery activities. For more on BIPAD portal, visit https://bipadportal.gov.np/.
Given the reality that most of the municipalities lack capacities to collect, manage, and use DRR information for informed decision making, DRR-Fellowship aims to address this issue by mobilizing technically trained youths with sound knowledge on BIPAD portal in the local governments. DRR fellows act as a connecting bridge to transfer the technical capacity to run and host BIPAD portal to the local governments. Throughout DRR-Fellowship, DRR fellows will also have exciting opportunities to participate in learning and training events being organized by leading organizations in the field of DRRM including NDRRMA, Tayar Nepal, and project municipalities.
For more information, please visit – https://fellowship.youthinnovationlab.org.
Fellowship Duration: Six months
YI-Lab is accepting applications for the DRR-Fellowship 2021 for 15 municipalities: (1) Dhankuta Municipality (Dhankuta District), (2) Janakpurdham Sub-metropolitan City (Dhanusha District), (3) Jiri Municipality (Dolakha District), (4) Chautara Sangachokgadhi Municipality (Sindhupalchok District), (5) Melamchi Municipality (Sindhupalchok District), (6) Gorkha Municipality (Gorkha District), (7) Pokhara Metropolitan City (Kaski District), (8) Baglung Municipality (Baglung District), (9) Beni Municipality (Myagdi District), (10) Ghorahi Sub-metropolitan City (Dang District), (11) Madhuban Municipality (Bardiya District), (12) Gurbhakot Municipality (Surkhet District), (13) Chamunda Bindrasaini Municipality (Dailekh District), (14) Tikapur Municipality (Kailali District), and (15) Krishnapur Municipality (Kanchanpur District).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
DRR – Young Leaders Fellows must:
- Be local from the project municipalities or willing to relocate to the municipality.
- Be of 30 years old or younger at the nomination.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Disaster Risk Reduction, Development Studies, Natural Resources, Crisis Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, and related field.
- Have an interest in learning technology and open data.
- Have knowledge of or interest in disaster/DRRM and related discipline.
- Be curious to work with municipality and DRR focal person and Information Technology (IT) officers at the local level.
- Have strong knowledge in technology that includes mobile app, web app, MS office package.
- Have excellent communication skills in Nepali and English. Knowledge of the local language would be preferred.
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity.
- Have teamwork and collaborative skills.
Key Responsibilities of DRR Fellows
DRR Fellows will be responsible for:
- Supporting their assigned municipality to administer and operationalize municipal level BIPAD portal.
- Collaborating with the IT officer and municipal DRR focal personnel for day-to-day capacity transfer.
- Working closely with the municipal personnel to compile DRR related datasets and standardize and integrate them into BIPAD portal.
- Working with municipal personnel to map and validate critical infrastructure datasets like education, health, finance, governance, tourism, industry, and communication.
- Reporting and documenting the progress/challenges and share the case studies.
Benefits for DRR Fellows
- Five-day residential training on DIMS and DRRM.
- Stipend NRP 30,000 per month during the course of DRR-Fellowship.
- Opportunity to work closely with Mayor, CAO, IT professionals, and Government officials at working station.
- Opportunity to participate in workshops/training/seminars organized by NDRRMA, Tayar Nepal, and respective municipality.
- Graduation Certificate of DRR-Fellowship.
- Potential job placement within YI-Lab, partners, and related organizations.
Applying Procedure for DRR fellows | YI-Lab | ngo jobs
Please complete the online form (https://bit.ly/3jD3Kqc) to submit your application. For more information on DRR-Fellowship, please visit – https://fellowship.youthinnovationlab.org and if you have any inquiries, please contact Fellowship Secretariat at [email protected].
We highly encourage all the interested applicants, especially youth from project municipalities including those who identify as women and indigenous community members/ minority caste groups in joining the Disaster Risk Reduction – Young Leaders Fellowship program.
Application Deadline : September 13, 2021 (5 pm)
- Public Health Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs
- Nursing Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs
- Project Coordinator | KPADF
- Staff Nurse | Pharmacy Assistant | ingo vacancy
- Project Coordinator | WVI | ingo jobs
- Implementation guide for mOralHealth | WHO
- Project Officer | ingo jobs
- Staff Nurse Vacancy | ingo jobs 2021
- Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021
- Staff Nurse Vacancy 2021
- Program Coordinator | CEN | ngo jobs
- Impact of COVID-19 on the global leprosy control | WHO
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new healthjobs health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo new health guidelines ngojobs ngo jobs ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing license nursing officer nursing vacancy ph updates Public health publichealth Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart.