World Population Day 2021 | July 11 :World Population Day is an annual event, observed on July 11 every year, which seeks to raise awareness of global population issues. The event was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Program in 1989. It was inspired by the public interest in Five Billion Day on July 11, 1987, the approximate date on which the world’s population reached five billion people. World Population Day aims to increase people’s awareness on various population issues such as the importance of family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health and human rights.
Theme for World Population Day 2021 | July 11
Rights and choices are the answer: Whether baby boom or bust, the solution to shifting fertility rates lies in prioritizing the reproductive health and rights of all people.
In this second year of COVID-19, we are suspended in an in-between state, where parts of the world are emerging from the deep recesses of the pandemic while others are locked in battle with the coronavirus as access to vaccines remains a distant, deadly reality. The pandemic has compromised health care systems particularly in the area of sexual and reproductive health. It also exposed and exacerbated gender-based inequities: gender-based violence increased under lockdown, as did the risk of child marriage and female genital mutilation as program to abolish the harmful practices were disrupted. Significant numbers of women left the labor force – their often low-paying jobs were eliminated or caregiving responsibilities for children learning remotely or for homebound older people increased – destabilizing their finances, not just for now but in the long run.
Objective of celebrations
Some of the objectives of celebrating the world population day are
- It is celebrated to protect and empower youths of both gender like girls and boys.
- To offer them detail knowledge about the sexuality and delay marriages till they become able to understand their responsibilities.
- Educate youths to avoid unwanted pregnancies by using reasonable and youth friendly measures.
- Educate people to remove the gender stereotypes from society.
- Educate them about the pregnancy related illnesses to raise the public awareness about dangers of early childbirth.
- Educate them about STD (sexually transmitted diseases) to get prevented from various infections.
- Make sure about the access of equal primary education to both girls and boys.
- Make sure the easy access of reproductive health services everywhere as part the basic primary health for each couple.
- NDHS 2022 | KEY INDICATORS REPORT
- ARH Coordinator / District Lead |MRDCC | ngo jobs 2022
- Research Assistant | KU | latest jobs 2022
- Program Manager | SAPPROS Nepal
- Junior DRR Officer | ngo jobs 2022
- School Nurse | Prasadi Academy | nurse jobs 2022
- MEAL Officer | ACCS | ngo jobs 2022
- International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week
- District Program Coordinator (DPC) | ngo jobs 2022 ￼
- H.A./C.M.A., Radiographer, Staff Nurse, B.N./B.Sc. Nursing
- Program Officer Education + PCESP | nnswa | ngo jobs 2022￼
- ANM, CMA, Radiographer, Staff Nurse, Employment Assistant, IT Officer, MDGP | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new healthjobs health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth