Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023: The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support Nepal Seed and Fertilizer (NSAF) project funded by USAID. The project promotes the use of improved seeds and Integrated Soil Fertility Management technologies approved and registered by the Government of Nepal. The Project will specifically increase availability of technologies to improve productivity in maize, rice, lentils, and high value vegetable farming. The project also works to improve capacity of both the public and private sectors in their respective roles for technology development and its in-country dissemination. Details of position, location and TOR for the position is below and can be found at www.jobsnepal.com.
Terms of Reference for Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023
Position Title: Assistant Research Associate (Data Analyst) (Local position)
Reference Number: N23155
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Project: Nepal Seed and Fertilizer Project (NSAF)
The Assistant Research Associate (Data Analyst) supports to conduct monitoring and evaluation, surveys, data management and analysis and to prepare project reports and publications.
Your duties would include the following activities:
- Support ME&L activities of the project including annual beneficiary-based surveys, working with M&E specialist to prepare survey instrument, data collection and analysis. This includes analysis related to GESI.
- Collect and compile data from secondary sources.
- Make substantial contributions to the development of structured questionnaires and other socioeconomic research instruments.
- Make substantial contributions to the planning and conducting of household- and village level surveys on issues related to agriculture research and development. This includes onboarding enumerators for telephonic interviews/surveys, their training, and supervision.
- Conduct data cleaning, descriptive and econometric data analysis, and report preparation.
- Make substantial contributions to projects publications and presentations.
- Conduct case studies and focus group discussions using qualitative research methods.
- Conduct Key Informant surveys and rapid surveys (like disruptions of COVID-19, climate, disasters, or seasonal agricultural market situations) to help project assessments, response and planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned and delegated by the supervisor.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of Masters’ degree in Agricultural Economics (preferred), Statistics, Development Economics, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and strong analytical skills. Sound econometrics and statistical knowledge is required. Experience with statistical and econometric software packages (like stata, R), Microsoft office, and electronic communication tools is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience. Familiarity and experience with household surveys. Knowledge of issues related to agricultural market and rural/ agricultural development policy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including gender sensitivity and ability to work in multi- disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, as well as to develop strong and elective working relationships with research partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including ability to present coherent and convincing analyses to different audiences, knowledge of Nepali language is a necessity.
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural contexts.
Candidates must go through the link below and submit the application with detailed information no later than August 31st, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
- Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | Padma Nursing Home | latest vacancy 2023
- Nepal’s Changing Weather and Your Health: What You Need to Know
- Project Manager | ADRA | ingo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey ! I am Nepal Health Magazine Bot , yet powerful enough to approve, disapprove , delete, ban anything and anyone.