International Organization for Migration (IOM) is looking for suitable candidate for the position of On Call Nurse Migration Health to assist IOM MHAC, according to the Post Description below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by 02.02.2022 at the latest, referring to the Call for Applications reference code.
Reference Code : CFA-02/2022
Position Title : On Call Nurse Migration Health
Position required : 16 positions
Duty Station : Kathmandu
Type of Appointment : Hourly Contract UG,
Estimated Starting Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 February 2022
IOM, as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates, particularly qualified female candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Head Nurse, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) and UN Clinic in Kathmandu, Nepal
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily nursing activities in the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) and UN Clinic to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
a. Medical examinations,
- Such as checking vital signs, weight, height, visual acuity.
- Blood, urine or sputum collection as required
c. Laboratory testing;
e. TB management;
f. Treatment and referrals;
g. Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
h. Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
i. Other technical areas as may be required.
2. Provide information and detailed explanations to the migrants and/or refugees in relation to:
- The migration health assessment process; and,
- Treatments and referrals.
3. Ensure proper identification and follow-up by:
- Comprehensive history taking;
- Accurate and thorough Bio-data collection;
- Ensuring ID verification for each step of the health assessment process; and,
- Keeping a register of applicants who undergo health investigations and testing.
4. Follow and implement the Health Assessment Programme’s check lists and SOP’s and maintain standard universal precautions within MHAC.
5. Verify samples of sputum, blood or others are properly transported to the laboratory or previously designated location.
6. Maintain and monitor the MHAC pharmacy, stock, medical kits and emergency kits within the MHAC and for medical escorts if applicable.
7. Provide pre and/or post counselling to migrants or refugees on TB or HIV education, prevention and management as appropriate.
8. Prepare administrative reports and program updates as necessary.
9. Support the planning and execution of mobile missions if applicable.
10. Assist with pre-departure documents, briefings and preparations as necessary.
11. Perform medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the final destination).
12. Maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to facilitate the follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
13. Collect statistical information and share with the Head Nurse or IMHP as present and agreed upon format.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with three years of clinical experience.
- Completed High School Degree in Nursing with five years’ work experience in related field.
- Valid license to practice Nursing in Nepal.
- Excellent technical skills, including in phlebotomy.
- ACLS/BLS certified with valid date
- 3 years of clinical nursing experience and if involve in Covid-19 care and vaccination will be plus point
- Flexible to work under pressure and willingness for long hours duty.
- Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
- Computer Literacy required. MS Office suite (word, Excel, Access)
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required. Proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, CFA reference number with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected] by 02 February 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Posting period: From 20.01.2022 to 02.02.2022
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth