Community Mobilizer | SASAJA | ngo jobs : Samyukta Safai Jagaran (SASAJA) is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political organization established by the groups of informal waste workers in 2014. SASAJA focuses on the recognition, rights and advocacy for IWWs. SASAJA want to advocate to the government especially on recognizing their contribution to waste management, government trust funds for IWWs and access to social health insurance. SASAJA is providing monthly education to their group members focusing in savings and credit and solid waste management.
SASAJA in collaboration with Green Path Nepal (GPN) and Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) is implementing “Healthy Waste Workers for Sustainable Waste Management” project funded by Médecins du Monde- France (MdM-F). SASAJA is especially responsible for the overall implementation of Outcome 1 of the project which is formalization of IWWs through non-profit enterprises and increasing their recognition in integrated solid waste management in Kathmandu Valley and Sisdole landfill site of Kakani Rural Municipality.
SASAJA will contribute to ensuring that waste workers’ issues are better addressed within the health care system, livelihood and institutional linkage. Through the project, SASAJA identify the target groups and aims to support them with different activities to mitigate the Environmental and Occupational Risks and improves access to health care, economic opportunities linkage with non-profit enterprises for sustainable livelihood.
II- Main aims of the post
Community Mobilization Officer is responsible for community mobilization in the filed to implement the project activities with communities. The Community Mobilizers work in close coordination with MdM-F Community Mobilization Advisor and the project team.
Hierarchical positioning: Reporting directly to the Community Mobilization Officer of SASAJA.
Community mobilization and project implementation
- Participate actively inconducted trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Compliance with Community Mobilization guideline of this project.
- Actively participate in the mapping of Informal Waste Workers (IWWs) involved in Solid Waste Management (SWM) in Kathmandu Valley/Kakani Rural Municipality and outreach activities and assist to collect information for KAP surveys, qualitative research, periodic updates/assessments and final survey.
- To communicate and orient the community about the objectives of project and organization.
- To manage the local level meeting, group discussion, orientation for the activities as per the project objective in coordination with supervisor.
- Support for the assessment of non-profit enterprises; current situation, legal modality, registration process and identification of potential leaders.
- Support IWW’s non-profit enterprises to recruit members and mobilize them for economic opportunities.
- Support IWW’s non-profit enterprises leaders’ meetings, selection of board member and organizational set up.
- Support IWW’s non-profit enterprises leaders regarding registration and well-functioning
- Support CMOfficer to conduct capacity assessment of leaders.
- Support CMOfficer to conduct various capacity building trainings for leaders and members of IWW non-profit enterprises.
- To conduct and support to manage the all regular groups meetings, coordination meetings, training in filed level.
- To conduct orientation and training on Behavior Change Communication awareness sessions, Waste management campaign in the communities.
- To help facilitate and conduct public hearing and Social audit in the communities.
- To coordinate the local stakeholders such as ward chairperson, members, ward secretariat, schools’ authorities, health post authorities, political parties and other waste management related organizations on the field to form/activate SWM management committee in the concerned wards.
- Integrate the IWW/non-profit enterprises in the committee and facilitate to conduct regular meetings.
- Collect information and produce quality report, case stories, and photos and keep proper data records and other related documents.
Communication and Reporting
- Report to CM officer on all issues related to progress and achievement at the field
- To submit the regular report on events, monthly, quarterly, trimester basis as per requirement of the project.
- To perform the work as per rules and regulations of organization and he/she has to in contact with organization at any time.
- Close coordination with all the partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries of this project.
III – Profile of the ideal candidate
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health or equivalent in any academic stream.
- At least 2 years of experience in waste management
- Experience working with NGO/INGO or partner organizations and government authorities: an asset
- Experience working in Waste management sector with basic knowledge of community mobilization along with knowledge of waste management campaign of Nepal with different type of institutional waste management in Kathmandu and Sisdol landfill context.
- Previous experience working with marginalized and vulnerable communities.
Skills and qualities required
- Proactive, well organized and ability to manage priorities, adaptable, reliable, accountable and responsive personality
- Leadership, team-working and coordination skills
- Interpersonal and verbal communication abilities, charisma, tact and diplomacy, intercultural and difference awareness
- Assertiveness, mediation and negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experienced with computer skill including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, emails and other communications tools
- Ability and willingness to work in team and to work under pressure and in difficult circumstances
- Committed to rights based and gender & child sensitive work, commitment to basic workplace values and policies; able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment, have high regards towards accountability
- Displays cultural, gender, child, religious, ethnicity and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Work prioritization, the ability to multitask and willingness to go the extra mile to support what the job demands is a must.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning with community mobilization part of project.
- Nepali: good reading and writing skills
- English, Newari, Hindi, Maithili and Bhojpuri would be an advantage
NOTES TO CANDIDATES
DURATION: One year (renewal)
DUTY STATION: Kathmandu Valley and Sisdole Landfill Site (Kakani)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible in June 2022
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 26th June 2022
HOW TO APPLY: Send an updated CV in English with 2 references and a Cover Letter to [email protected]
Note: Previous candidates not to apply.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth