Project Coordinator | JuRI-Nepal | ngo job : USAID’s Sajhedari – Support to Federalism, is to provide technical assistance to the Government of Nepal (GoN) in transitioning to a federation of provinces with more effective, accountable, responsive, and inclusive local governance.
Through USAID’s Newly Elected Women Leaders for Peace and Security Supplemental Statement of Work, Sajhedari strengthens women’s leadership to address emergent women’s issues resulting from the COVID-19 crisis and contributes to Nepal’s peace, security, and reconciliation. Sajhedari has contracted JuRI Nepal to support subnational level policies and practices to address pre-existent WPS issues and new COVID-19 challenges affecting women.
JuRI-Nepal is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization established in 2011 by a team of Law and Human rights professionals. It holds the National Secretariat of ESCR Network; member of HRTMCC and Member Secretary of CSO-SAAN. JuRI-Nepal is offering its service through its four strategic pillars including (a) federalism and sub-national governance; (b) rule of law and transitional justice; (c) economic, social and cultural rights and social justice; and (d) access to justice (GBV and CBD). JuRI-Nepal seeks application from an interested candidate for the position of Project Coordinator for the period of 10 months starting from Mid-August 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as the focal point of the project and responsible for overall day-to-day functions,
- Ensure, as a team leader, effective implementation, management and monitoring of the project through the development of required guidelines, plans and strategies, including ensuring proper guidance and direction to the relevant staffs and partners.
- Coordinate all project activities at the central and field level,
Coordination and Reporting:
- Work as ‘project focal person’ to ensure close coordination with the donor, Executive Committee and Executive Director of JuRI-Nepal and project staff in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the project;
- Ensure compliance of the project and provide regular inputs to the experts and other relevant staffs/consultants of the project;
- Coordinate with finance and admin section and ensure financial compliance and delivery as per the DPs requirements;
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the field to implement the project activities ensuring effective and efficient communication between the project and JuRI Nepal;
- Build effective working relationships with wider stakeholders, including the local government to ensure well-coordinated implementation of the project; and
- Assist to the Executive Director for the implementation of the decisions taken under the project.
- Identify the WPS Champaigns and facilitate learning and sharing to expedite their efforts to increase women’s participation and leadership through network approach with the support from the Executive Director and Sajhedari focal person.
- Consult with thematic experts and relevant project staffs, coordinate, design and conduct training and other capacity enhancement activities for the relevant stakeholders at local levels, including developing the training tools and methodologies;
- Identify the potential participants through WPS Champaign’s network and provide women’s leadership capacity through a tailored training package.
- Catalyze “leadership Labs” to further peer-to-peer learning and solidify mentorship relationships.Support the project’s effort to build and strengthen the capacity of women’s leadership to address emergent women’s issues resulting from the COVID-19 crisis and contribute to peace, security and reconciliation.
- Follow-up and evaluate the impact of capacity enhancement activities conducted under the project as well as by external stakeholders that benefit the project staff;
- Backstop to project staffs in their project delivery and institutional capacity building initiatives to increase their knowledge and skills in participatory project implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Engage with likeminded stakeholders, including the government, in capacity building of women political leaders at local and provincial level;
Evidence, Lessons Learnt and Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and update M&E framework to ensure M&E components of the project to ensure regular participatory monitoring of the project implementation and its impact, including through the preparation of monitoring tools;
- Take initiatives to document, share lessons learnt, best practice of the project with JuRI-Nepal and DPs including critical issues if any, and ensure exchange of information and experience with other projects.
Institutional development support to JuRI-Nepal:
- Streamline the project approach and strategies with the overall Strategic Plan and policies of JuRI-Nepal;
- Support the partnership and advocacy activities of JuRI-Nepal as to complement the advocacy initiatives under the project;
- Provide policy input to JuRI-Nepal as and when required.
- Ensure preparation of event, progress and annual reports together with the project staff in line with the agreed template provided by the donor and coordinate with the Executive Director of JuRI-Nepal to finalize the reports.
- Ensure timely submission of the reports to the donor and the Executive Board of JuRI-Nepal.
- Undertake other activities for the project as requested by the Executive Director and Executive Board of JuRI-Nepal.
Qualification, Required Skills and Experience for Project Coordinator | JuRI-Nepal | ngo job
- At least Master’s Degree in law, management and or social sciences or related field;
- At least five years of working experiences in the area of human rights, women peace and security, democratic governance, empowerment of local government, enhancing citizen participation in governanceand human rights;
- Experience of promoting citizen engagement at both national and sub-national level;
- Proven record of accomplishment and sound knowledge on governance, women empowerment and related projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software systems;
- Good communication skill in Nepali and English.
Language Requirements: The incumbent must have fluency in English and Nepali language. Working knowledge of local language is preferred.
Duty Station: The duty station of the incumbent will be assigned inDhangadi with necessary and frequent travel to the project areas.
Duration of Contract Service: The post is for 10 months contract with possibility of extension. But, there will be three-month’ probation period starting from the date of contract begins.
Benefit and Allowances: JuRI-Nepal offers facilities as per its organizational policies.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter mentioning your expected salary along with updated CV through email to JuRI-Nepal at [email protected] by or before 5:00 pm, 12th August 2021
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth