Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023: Burn Violence Survivors – Nepal, established in 2008, is one of the few organizations working specifically on prevention, protection, advocacy, curative and long-term recovery and rehabilitation of burns survivors. BVS-Nepal helps and supports survivors of burns accidents and violence, such as attempted homicide attacks, normally using kerosene or acid and cases of self-immolation and attempted suicide, often stemming from domestic violence. We have been able to help more than 8500 burns victims, till date, through medical and surgical, counseling, nutrition and physiotherapy since the inception of the organization. BVS-Nepal has successfully provided life skills and vocational trainings to thirty female burns violence survivors, to enable them to start a new life.
Position: Psychosocial Counselor
No. of Vacancy: 1
Location: Janakpur with frequent visit to project area
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Qualification, Skills, and Experience for Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- The candidate must have an Intermediate or bachelor’s degree in any discipline along with at least Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Psychology or six-month course/training in psychosocial counseling.
- At least one year of working experience as a psychosocial counselor and able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Able to make field visits frequently within and out of the main duty station as required by the organization.
- Sound knowledge and skills of the computer, email, and internet.
- Able to prepare reports in Microsoft word, excel, google sheet and database system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Nepali.
- Sound presentation & public relation skills.
The Psychosocial Counselor will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Undertake vulnerability assessments, provide appropriate psychosocial counselling to burn survivors, their family and caregivers, during the patient’s stay in the hospital and after discharge as per the need of survivor.
- Build rapport with burn survivors, their family, caregivers, hospital staff and service providers.
- Conduct community-based psychosocial orientation and sensitization programs to targeted communities.
- Maintain database and case studies of the beneficiaries and its confidentiality.
- Make frequent follow-up and field visits to provide psychosocial counselling support as per the need.
- Frequently visit delegated hospitals for patient verification and counselling in proper coordination with Field Officers.
- Provide support in project activities as per the need of program/organization.
- Develop monthly, periodic, semi-annual, annual, reports.
- Provide support as per the requirement of organization.
Apply Procedure for Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Please do send in your updated resume with cover letter to [email protected] before 8th September
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
BVS-Nepal is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society
Burns Violence Survivors Nepal
Phone Number – 1-5455689
Email – [email protected]
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
- Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | Padma Nursing Home | latest vacancy 2023
- Nepal’s Changing Weather and Your Health: What You Need to Know
- Project Manager | ADRA | ingo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey ! I am Nepal Health Magazine Bot , yet powerful enough to approve, disapprove , delete, ban anything and anyone.