Recognizing and managing anaphylaxis | OpenWHO : Anaphylaxis is a severe, immediate allergic reaction. Symptoms that can be life-threatening can occur within seconds to minutes, rarely hours, after contact with the allergenic substance including medicines and vaccines. The course Recognizing and managing anaphylaxis provides practical guidance to the frontline health care providers and also vaccinators key information on its identification, differentiating it from other clinical conditions such as fainting and other stress related responses. It also provides step by step guidance on the case management at the site of the event and the process of referral.
This course is relevant for health workers and other immunization focal points. It provides two short instructional videos to support appropriate response to anaphylaxis as an AEFI (adverse event following immunization).
Course duration: Approximately 20 minutes.
Certificates: A Confirmation of Participation is available to participants who complete 100% of the course material.
What you’ll learn
- Recognize and differentiate between anaphylaxis and immunization stress-related response, and
- Respond to anaphylaxis as an adverse event following immunization.
Course contents for Recognizing and managing anaphylaxis | OpenWHO
- Recognizing Anaphylaxis vs. Immunization Stress-Related Response:In this video, we will show you how to recognize anaphylaxis, and how to tell the difference between anaphylaxis and an immunization stress-related response, so you are able to respond appropriately.
- Identifying and Managing Anaphylaxis:In this video, we will show you how to prepare for an anaphylactic reaction; how to identify the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis; and how to treat a patient who is having a severe allergic reaction.
Recommended Reading : Brief overview of anaphylaxis as AEFI and practical guidance on its identification, case management, and response in a primary care setting for more information.
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth