The Gurkha Contingent, Singapore Police Force (GC, SPF) based in Singapore invites applications from suitably qualified individuals (female) for the post of Assistant Nurse.
Brief Job Description
The principal job responsibilities include:
- Provision of antenatal care; postnatal care; and care of newborn babies; making home visits as required; provide care for families dealing with pregnancies;
- Provision of first aid and basic nursing care, particularly for wives and children; child immunisation, child development assessment; and infection control;
- Perform assessments of health status, determining the need and level of nursing and/or medical care; Communication with Singaporean health practitioners and agencies;
- Participate in an on-call rota providing a 24hrs midwifery / nursing service in GC;
- Assist in the day-to-day operations and Busines Continuity Plan of the GC Medical Centre; Provide counselling support to GC families;
- Provide education on nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, children’s health and safety.
The requirements for Midwife/ Assistant Nurse are as under:
- Must be a Female Nepali citizen, between 25 – 35 years of age, with a valid passport; Must have passed 10+2 (majoring in English) or equivalent;
- Must have a minimum PCL Midwife / Nursing Qualification, or other equivalent qualifications (References and Certificates will be required);
- Must have 3 years of experience in Midwife / Nursing care and practices (References as a registered nurse in Nepal are required);
- Nutritionist, Counsellor and/or Social Worker qualifications would be an added advantage (References and Certificates are required);
- Must have good communication and presentation skills and able to communicate clearly in English and Nepali, both written and spoken;
- Must be compassionate with good inter-personal skills and able to establish good rapport with GC community and other agencies;
- Must be single or be willing to serve unaccompanied if married.
Remuneration / Benefits
The successful candidate will:
- Be appointed on an initial 2-year contract (renewable);
- Paid a salary in Singapore Dollars, starting at SGD $1,150 per month; Receive a lump sum gratuity payable at the end of each contract;
- Be entitled to 14 days leave per annum;
- Be provided a furnished apartment, on a co-share basis; Be provided subsidised rations;
- Receive free economy class air passage on appointment and return passage on completion of each contract;
- Receive additional baggage allowance on first arrival and on completion of final contract; Be entitled to Medical and Dental benefits.
The contract terms and conditions will be based upon the Singapore Civil Service, Terms and Conditions of Service.
Online application together with full Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of qualifications, experience and references are to be submitted in PDF file via FormSG link/QR code provided below. Closing date for applications is on 24 February 2022.
Internet URL: www.form.gov.sg/61d3d2d82e38540012538d7a
Shortlisted candidates will be notified via GC SPF Representative in early March 2022 for an interview. All original documents are to be produced during the interview.
The selected candidate should be fully vaccinated/inoculated (i.e. 14 days after completion of full doses) before departing to Singapore. She is to produce the proof of vaccination.
For inquiries, contact GCSPF Representative (Tel 01 5547193), British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan, Lalitpur
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
- Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | Padma Nursing Home | latest vacancy 2023
- Nepal’s Changing Weather and Your Health: What You Need to Know
- Project Manager | ADRA | ingo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth