Research Officer | PHASE NEPAL | ngo jobs
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 15 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal’s projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. PHASE currently has over 160 staff working on different projects.
Table of Contents
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 15 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal’s projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. We also implement various research projects in partnership with different universities from the UK and organizations from other Asian and African countries. Around 160 colleagues work with PHASE Nepal as full time staff and hundreds of volunteers help to accomplish our research and implementation activities.
How to give an effective interview
(BASIC SALARY NRS 48,470 PER MONTH – please see the detail below)
Duration: 6 months
Please do not apply if you do not have BPH/BSC plus a minimum of 2 years of work experience working in research field, we will not shortlist you)
(Fresh MPH are encouraged to apply, we will provide 10% extra salary if you are a fresh MPH with 2 years’ experience)
(Since this research needs to be completed by the end of July 2021 from start to report writing/publication, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to pursue their career in research in future)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Basic Salary NRS 48,470 per month (basic starting salary scale) plus 10% of Basic Salary as PF, Gratuity 8.33% of Basic Salary as gratuity and one month’s salary equivalent as Festival Allowances on pro rata basis. Total gross salary comes around NRS 61,395 per month.
We also enrol all our staff along with their dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,25,000 (Two Lakhs Twenty Five Thousand) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakhs). Regarding the COVID insurance, we do COVID insurance (Rs 1 lakh) for employees including their dependents as mentioned in the Health Insurance.
Central Office, Thimi, Bhaktapur with occasional visits to research sites in Lalitpur and Gorkha.
Current research project:
Effects of COVID 19 on Persons’ with Disability in Nepal.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The candidate must have:
· At least BPH/BSC or above in any health related discipline preferably with specialization in Public Health, Research Methodology, Disability, Physiotherapy, Nursing.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in research field, mainly in conducting KIIs, FGD and Survey.
· If you are a fresh MPH or Masters in any health related field with two years’ experience in research field we will provide you 10% extra salary as mentioned above.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Knowledge of KOBO Toolbox or similar data collection software is an advantage.
· Knowledge of NVivo data management software is an advantage.
· Working knowledge of statistical packages such as Stata, SPSS is an advantage.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Nepali languages.
How to write an effective CV
· Work together with Research Associate and other team members to review literature, finalize tools, getting approvals, contact participants and data collection.
· Lead one of the data collection team to conduct KII, produce Participatory Videos and survey in Gorkha and Lalitpur.
· Ensure research ethics are maintained throughout the research period.
· Update the progress to the PHASE research team and management team regularly.
· Help in data input, data processing, analysis and report writing
· Help the Research team of PHASE Nepal in other research work where possible.
Research Officer | PHASE NEPAL | ngo jobs
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and candidates with high motivation meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV to [email protected] (please do not apply if you do not have BPH/BSC plus a minimum of 2 years of work experience working in research field, we will not shortlist you) no later than 24 Jan 2021. We are urgently looking for this position ideally to start the position from 1st week of Feb 2021, therefore, we will close the application if we find an appropriate person before the application deadline. Therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested to apply. Please put your name on your cv and mention position you applied on the email subject line.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process. We will not entertain any telephone inquiries and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further selection process
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know themeWorld Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme: In recent years, there has been … Read more
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs … Read more
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancyStaff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy : Lalbandi is … Read more
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHOInequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO :Disaggregated data – data that are … Read more
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in KathmanduStaff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu: IOM announces vacancy for 50 … Read more
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023 : Save the Children believes every … Read more
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023: Action for Nepal is an open, … Read more
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023: SOS Children’s Villages Nepal as a non-governmental social … Read more
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latestNursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest : Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) is … Read more
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023: Burn Violence Survivors – Nepal, established … Read more
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | ngo jobs 2023: PHASE … Read more
- Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023: The International Maize and Wheat Improvement … Read more
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth