The joint venture of Green Path Nepal, Buddhanagar and Eco Concern P. Ltd, Khumaltar was establish with the aim to support the aiding agency GIZ-S2HSS for the project “TA Support for Institutionalizing healthcare waste management as per national standards and operating procedures 2020 in selected hospitals of Nepal”. The technical support from the company has been provided to implement safe healthcare waste management (HCWM) at Bharatpur Hospital, Madhesh Institute of Health Sciences, Gajendra Narayan Singh Hospital and Mechi Hospital since January 2022 and will be continued until December 2023 with the objective to fully capacitate all 4 hospitals regarding HCWM.
The overall aim of the project is to establish the sustainable waste management system at the hospitals. The activity of the project are as below:
A. Baseline assessment of healthcare waste.
B. Technical assistance for Autoclave testing, operation and maintenance at all 4 hospitals provided for waste treatment
C. Conduct training and orientation on HCWM at 4 selected hospitals
D. Onsite mentoring and coaching to support hospital on improving waste management practices at 4 hospitals
E. Technical support on regular data compilation, monitoring and reporting at 4 hospitals
F. Process documentation and dissemination (4 hospitals)
G. Coordination with Healthcare Without Harm (HCWH)
- Act as focal point at Mechi hospital for healthcare waste management onsite coaching and mentoring
- Support to set up model ward(s) and replicate through the hospital.
- Support on developing HCWM action plan, and developing operational level SOPs for the waste management cycle
- Support on formation/revitalization of HCWM committee, ensure that the committee meets at least once least a month and monitors the HCWM practices of the hospital.
- Follow up on decisions in every meeting and ensure its implementation
- Provide once in a week assistance to the HCWM focal person of the hospital to visit all the wards of the hospital to ensure the segregation practices are well followed and suggest the corrective action when and where required.
- Monitor to ensure that the model ward is functional as per standard and provide advice as per need.
- Regularly monitor the operation of autoclave including number of cycles, disinfection, testing, maintenance and advice the correction actions as per required to the hospital
- Assist hospital on daily record keeping on amounts of waste being collected, treated, and disposed of via various mechanisms (e.g. autoclaving, recycling or bio digestion)
- Assist hospital on daily record keeping on autoclave operation including number of cycles, disinfection testing, and maintenance (maintain autoclave logbook)
- Ensure that the hospital keeps proper financing information, including the value of waste being recycled, cost incurred for the operation of HCWM treatment centre.
- Coordinate with local municipalities for operational sustenance of the HCWM system.
- Report and coordinate with Team leader and HCWM Expert directly periodically.
- Prepare weekly progress document and share with Team leader and HCWM Expert.
- Assist HCWM expert on compiling the report and provide report to the hospital management authority and HCWM committee on a monthly & yearly basis.
- Coordinate for the management of COVID vaccine wastes from the respective municipality.
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Science, Nursing or any related field.
- More than 2 years of experience in Waste management (preferably in healthcare settings).
- Experience working with NGO/INGO or partner organizations and government authorities: an asset.
- Proactive, well organized and ability to manage priorities, adaptable, reliable, accountable and responsive personality
- Leadership, team-working and coordination skills
- Interpersonal and verbal communication abilities, charisma, tact and diplomacy, intercultural and difference awareness
- Assertiveness, mediation and negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experienced with computer skill including MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), emails and other communications tools
- The applicant should have his or her own laptop/computer.
- Nepali: National Language
- English: Fluent – both oral and written
- Local language: Will be an asset
NOTES TO CANDIDATES
DURATION: 1 year
DUTY STATION: Bhadrapur, Jhapa
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible in September 2022.
NUMBER OF POSITION: 1
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 6th September 2022 (11:59 PM)
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a letter of interest mentioning position applied for including expected salary and an updated CV in English with 2 references and a cover letter at [email protected]
No telephone inquiry is accepted. If you have any queries regarding job descriptions, please email within the deadline published.
Green Path Nepal – Eco Concern JV reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth