Program Officer | IFES | ingo jobs : The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that: Help citizens participate in their democracies Increase politicians’ accountability to the electorate Strengthen government institutions Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries – from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and local civil society partners to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking a Program Officer to support program implementation, research, report writing, monitoring and evaluation and product development for IFES’ work with the ECN. This position will be under the supervision of the Country Director and will be full-time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise closely as required with the ECN to support IFES’ ongoing technical assistance;
- Support research and report writing on electoral topics;
- Support improvements to key electoral processes such as voter education, voter registrations, election operation, legal framework and developing information and communication technology (ICT) systems
- Organize the planning, administration and logistics for special events, conferences or workshops;
- Provide support to the ECN during and leading up to election periods;
- Collaborate with IFES technical experts, consultants, the ECN and CSO partners as needed;
- Perform and review translations of legal and nonlegal documents, as required;
- Support capacity building and other IFES/ECN/CSO activities, as required;
- Provide guidance and oversight to other program staff as directed by the Country Director;
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, political science, international relations or a related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in international development or related field, preferably working with an international organization;
- Strong knowledge of Nepal’s electoral system and processes;
- Experience with legal review and legal research preferred;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office programs, Excel, Internet) are required;
- Initiative, drive and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently in support of a team;
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and oral, and excellent communication skills are required;
- Applicants must already reside in Nepal, preferably in Kathmandu;
- Availability to travel may be required up to 10%.
Apply Procedure for Program Officer | IFES | ingo jobs
This position is open to Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send an application and updated CV with two professional references to: [email protected], including the position title in the subject line. The application submission deadline is at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. website : https://www.ifes.org/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection processes. Women, people with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Community Health Department Supervisor | nursing jobs 2023 | Tansen Hospital
- Program Officer |Public Health Nurse | ngo jobs 2023 | LEADS Nepal
- Checklist for ensuring the quality of violence against women surveys | WHO
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth