The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – announces vacancy for Project Officer | IOM | ngo jobs a related organization of the United Nations – is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration. It works to meet the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
- Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/01/21
- Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position Title: National Project Officer
- Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Classification: General Service Staff, NO-A
- Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date:March 23, 2021
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close coordination with the Program Unit and the Regional Thematic Specialists in Bangkok for technical support and guidance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, management, implementation of projects related to labour migration, International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) initiatives, ethical recruitment and migrants’ protection.
In particular, the National Project Officer (NPO) will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the regional Project titled ‘Promoting the Safe Migration of Migrant Workers in the Indonesia-Malaysia and Nepal-Malaysia Corridors’ funded by Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) Foundation and, the IOM Development Fund (IDF) funded project ‘Promoting Recruitment Industry Reform To Achieve Ethical Recruitment (PROSPER) in Bangladesh and Nepal’
The NPO will also support the operationalization of the Global Compact for Migration (GCM) in Nepal, particularly support in implementation of GCM Objective 6 related activities for promoting fair and ethical recruitment of migrant workers. Project Officer | IOM | ngo jobs
Core Functions / Responsibilities for Project Officer | IOM | ngo jobs
- Support the coordination of assigned Projects in the area of labour migration and protection – particularly in the execution of RBA Foundation project and IDF funded projects to support activities and policies strengthening ethical recruitment practices and migrant’s protection.
- In coordination with International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) Secretariat Headquarters, provide direct technical assistance for capacity building of selected Private Recruitment Agencies (PRAs), CSOs in Nepal on IOM’s IRIS Capacity Building Program (CBP) which includes a) conduct IRIS outreach events and trainings b) provide technical guidance and support to PRAs on designing management system framework to be in compliance with the IRIS standard; and c) provide technical support to PRAs for the IRIS certification planning process.
- Participate in the design of the Pre-employment Orientation (PEO), Pre-departure Orientation (PDO) corridor specific training curriculum/Manuals including its roll out targeting CSOs, Governments, Private Sectors, and Migrants & Communities aimed to strengthen safer migration orientation program in Nepal.
- Supervise staff members working on labor migration and migrant’s protection initiative and provide mentoring and on-the-job training as needed.
- Conduct outreach events and training activities on ethical recruitment as a lead trainer/resource person and identify or adapt training material to the national context for capacity-building and knowledge sharing on IRIS standard.
- Coordinate and participate in organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings on promotion of ethical recruitments practices aligned to IRIS initiatives, safe migration and trafficking; serve as a resource person to the project’s partners and during conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings.
- Support in keeping up to date information’s on labour migration, trafficking, and foreign employment related activities of IOM (national, regional and global level) and other organizations.
- Liaise and coordinate with Private Sectors, Governments, CSOs, and relevant institution and partners on the implementation of specific project related activities.
- Liaise with the CSOs, Government counterparts, private sectors and relevant migrants’ organization/networks for mobilizing protection support services, referrals and assistance to vulnerable stranded migrants for mission’s AVRR program.
- Ensure budget monitoring of the RBA and IDF projects in close coordination with Resource Management unit and propose adjustments as necessary.
- Participate in the different forums, protection cluster, meetings and liaise with the other agencies and review and provide inputs to reports/joint UN initiatives.
- Closely interact with the Program team at IOM Nepal and support the implementation of other activities and events in relation to labour migration and human development and protection.
- Provide inputs for the development of new project proposals especially focusing on labour migration and protection with inclusion of gender mobility and protection concerns.
- Prepare regular project reports within deadlines and coordinate with Finance colleagues the timely submission of financial reports.
- Maintain close liaison with the government, civil society organizations, private sector, protection cluster members and other agencies working on the issues of labour migration, trafficking and migrant’s protection thematic areas.
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
How to write an effective CV
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Migration, Gender Studies, or other related field from an accredited academic institution; Or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in report writing;
- Experience in communications, preferably in the field of humanitarian assistance and/or development;
- Experience working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is preferable;
- Experience in the field of Labor Migration;
- Proven experience as a Trainer in the field of Labor migration and migrants’ protection;
- Knowledge of microenterprise and networking,
- Skilful in coordination with beneficiaries;
- Knowledge of Monitoring activities.
- Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to give an effective interview
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
Application Method for Project Officer | IOM | ngo jobs
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected] by 23 March 2021. Website : iom.int Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Note: To apply, please follow above instruction.
- National Medical Education (First Amendment) Rules, 2078
- District Facilitator | ngo jobs 2021
- Staff Nurse , HA , ANM and Medical officer Vacancy 2021
- Innovation for Youth Health | WHO webinar
- Medical Officer & ANM vacancy job 2021
- Team Leader | Trishuli Plus | ngo jobs vacancy 2021
- Staff Nurse and Medical Officer | Vacancy 2021
- How to easily apply for Israeli Caregiver employment?
- Project Officer | Caritas Nepal | ngo jobs
- World Breastfeeding Week 2021 | Know Theme
- Community Health Officer Social Worker | ngo jobs 2021
- Vacancy for Various Medical Position |BPKMCH
bachelor jobs bph jobs bph notes bph volunteer covid19 Covid19 prevention health health for all health guidelines new health in who healthjobs health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo nepal health new health guidelines ngo jobs ngojobs nurse jobs nursing career nursing insurance nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing law nursing vacancy ph updates publichealth Public health Public health concern public health days public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated universal health care universal health coverage day 2020 WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart.