KOSHISH is a nongovernmental organization, as a national self-help organization it is working in the field of mental health and psychosocial wellbeing in Nepal. The word “KOSHISH” means “making an effort”. KOSHISH works in a twin-track approach; advocacy and service delivery. Since 2008, advocacy for inclusion and dignity of people with mental health and psychosocial issues and transforming lives of people living in vulnerable conditions has been at the forefront of KOSHISH’s goals with UNCRPD, 2006 at its core.
Basic Job Information
|No. of Vacancy/s||:||[ 1 ]|
|Employment Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Location||:||Pokhara Metropolitan City, Kaski|
|Apply Before(Deadline)||:||Feb. 05, 2021|
|Experience Required||:||More than or equals to 3 years|
|Professional Skill Required||:||Teamwork Project Management Documentation|
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Psychology
- At least 3 years of proven work experience as a Project Coordinator/Project Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Nepali
- Proven track record of leading the team in achieving the target of the project
- Excellent skill of Documentation and Reporting
- Excellent project management skills plus strong in planning and financial management
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Able to accomplish quality work with strict deadlines
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project
- Must have two wheeler license.
- Willingness and fitness to travel project areas.
- Preferences will be given to the candidates having experience in community mental health.
How to give an effective interview
- Lead the overall project planning and execution.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Monitor and support the project intervention at community level.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Maintain data and information generated by the project.
Advocacy and Lobby:
- Work & support with local government, disabled people organization and other likeminded organization for suicide prevention initiatives
- Develop and implement advocacy strategy and planning for suicide prevention action jointly with local government, health workers and other likeminded organization
- Advocacy with local government for integration of mental health and suicide prevention in their local government policy, plan and budget
- Work with provincial or local level media on DE-stigmatization and sensitization on mental health and suicide prevention
- Map the mental health and counseling services within and nearby project location.
Communication and Documentation:
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Support to produce IEC materials for sensitization and awareness campaign
- Collect the stories, write up and share to organization and like minded stakeholders
- Communicate & linkages among related stakeholders to accelerate avenue and synergy for the cause
- Document and share the good practices and learning of the project
- Follow up of the commitments from local level stakeholders
- Prepare and submit periodic and event reports before deadline
Capacity building and team mobilization
- Develop/design, and contribute to build the skills and knowledge of project team, sub-ordinate
- Support subordinate to execute project intervention
Salary: Negotiable as per competence and experience.
How to write an effective CV
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application with updated CV to Email: [email protected] not later than 5th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. Women and candidate from persons with disabilities, minority and ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobsDETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS: Project Coordinator based in the field Bahadur Social Project…
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/04/2022 Open to Internal and External Candidates Position Title: Head Nurse Duty…
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022Vaishno Medisales is a leading company engaged in sales, distribution, and after-sales service of…
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobsJob Description Position: Officer- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program)Number of Positions: 1Duty Station: Province Office, Itahari-Sunsari Contract…
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼Starlight Foundation (SLF) is a non-profit company existing to support, serve and empower children,…
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022Mahuli Community Development Center (MCDC) is a non-governmental organization working in Saptari district since 1994.…
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?Literature Review is the review/discussion of the currently published material on a particular topic.…
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022Vaishno Medisales is a leading company engaged in sales, distribution, and after-sales service of…
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is…
- Strategies for Effective Public Health LeadershipLeadership plays an important role in public health. Though the concept of leadership is…
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS)- Lumbini Province Chapter implements ‘Enabling Action for Community Health’ (EACH) supported…
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022S.N.: 1 Advertisement no.: 01-2079/080 Position: A.H.W. Level: Assistant 4thRequired no.: 4Required minimum academic qualification: A.H.W. graduate with registration…
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth