Project Coordinator | Save the Children | ngo jobs nursing vacancy : Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm. When crisis strikes and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
The Project Coordinator-MNCHN is overall responsible for the management of planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of MNCHN activities in the Mahottari district of Nepal. The position holder will work in close collaboration with Municipalities/Palikas health units, Government Health Offices (HO) and Health Facilities (HFs), Provincial Health Directorate, Provincial Ministry of Social Development for effective and timely planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of MNCHN activities. In addition, s/he will work as a budget holder for the MNCHN program and manage logistics, finance and human resources under the program in Mahottari.
S/he will represent the program at provincial and district level forums, meetings and consultations on policy and technical issues as per program requirements. S/he will work with close technical and programmatic support from the health and nutrition team of the Eastern Field Office. S/he will ensure the effective quality program delivery and regular monitoring of program related activities and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for sharing of lessons learned for consistent uptake by other stakeholders. Furthermore, s/he works in close coordination with other programs and teams in the district.
Ensuring Quality of Programs / Projects
- Provide support in designing, planning, and budgeting of cost-effective and result-oriented MNCHN, SHN and ASRH programs in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders for immediate and long-lasting changes in the lives of children and youths.
- Support in preparation of detailed implementation plan (DIP) and phased budget of MNCHN interventions with partners and colleagues in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategic paper.
- Ensure and review the plans and budget submitted by Partners in line with Save the Children’s Theory of Change, Country Strategic Plan, Save the Children member’s priorities and align with the government’s national priority, plan & policies.
- Ensure about service delivery; and significant benefit goes to all sponsored children from programs in the sponsorship project areas.
- Finalize plan of action to reach all mothers and children, particularly from Dalit, marginalized and disadvantaged communities.
- Support the partners and relevant stakeholders to maintain efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of program interventions and quality services for safety and security of target clients on a long term.
Project Design and Implementation
- Sufficient allocation of time to work with teams to design innovative programs on MNCHN contributing to health and nutrition of mothers and children and ultimately for better education and health facilities for children.
- Ensure proper and adequate technical supports to the partners and colleagues to execute detail implementation plan and phased budget and ensure they are meeting project requirements.
- Ensure the implementations of partners’ plan and budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget; and provide support for recovery plan if required to achieve the intended result.
- Provide technical support to partners for MNCHN and ensure the implementation of overall Sponsorship Program integrating with health and nutrition related interventions for better life options for mothers and children.
- Manage day-to-day operations and management of each activities of the program components –ensuring coordination between the team members in different components – to ensure that all components are in tandem
- Monitor the financial expenditure regularly and ensure adequate burn rate of the program with support from finance department
- Manage external and internal visits to the program.
- Support H& N team in development necessary tools for surveys, operational research and regular monitoring.
- Support in SHN and ASRH and other health and nutrition program as and when required
- Support the research component of the project in collaboration with health and nutrition.
- Design pilot interventions and document the best practices.
- Compile and share pertinent technical and programmatic literature and information produced or found locally or globally.
- Develop necessary tools
- Take lead in the development, implementation and monitoring of BCC initiatives under the MNHCN program
- Develop technical support visit checklists for program, to be used during technical supportive supervision and ensure data entry and analysis of application of standard statistical software.
Project Review and Monitoring
- Monitor the budget vs. expenses tracking every month and conduct on-site data verifications and provide feedback to the partners and stakeholders for further improvement if required.
- Ensure monthly progress through reliable reporting system and online data management.
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including discussions with beneficiaries on program delivery & effectiveness and feedback on improvements.
- Conduct regular analysis of program implementation and monitor to identify strengths and weaknesses of the project and sharing with the project team for appropriate action and continuity.
- Review the progress made by the partner organizations on quarterly basis and identifies the areas where they need to improve in terms of capacity building, sustainability, cost effectiveness, efficient & wise use of staff members and help them to make necessary changes in their original plans if required.
- Provide technical supports to partners by conducting regular monitoring, support visits & meetings and joint monitoring visits during project implementation.
- Collect and incorporate relevant tools for effective monitoring and documentation and capacitate partners’ staff to use the tools coordinating with M&E team.
- Support technical manager Health & Nutrition in preparation of reports. Prepare quality indicators for health facility categorization in terms of MNCHN activities.
- Analyze the available data using standard statistical software and produce necessary reports
- Plan, conduct, follow-up and monitor maternal, new born and child health related training program, MNH update and onsite review and coaching in the district.
Capacity development of Save the Children, partners and stakeholders
- Manage and motivate Save the Children and partner staff to make them clear on project objectives, results and work plans and receive meaningful feedback on their performance on regular basis.
- Support on capacity building and skill development of Save the Children and partner staff through relevant coaching, mentoring and training.
- Support in capacity building of Health Facility Operation and Management Committee (HFOMC) for Quality improvement in MNCHN and other H & N services in Health Facilities
- Support to design and develop training manuals and reading materials by supporting in conduction of need assessments and facilitate in capacity building of partners and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of various training, workshops, meetings and seminars.
- Prepare onsite coaching and mentoring guideline in tandem with national guideline and implement in the birthing centers and BEOmNC centers
Partnership management and Project Compliance
- Ensure that the partners comply the organizational policies, Government, Save the Children and donor’s requirements in time.
- Ensure the compliance of all the relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, adolescent development, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Ensure adequate technical backstopping to partner organizations to enhance their organizational capacity for better performance in project goal achievement.
- Ensure smooth, healthy and professional management of partnership and collaborative relationship with partners during program/project period.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Enhance professional and meaningful coordination and linkages/networking with district line agencies and other likeminded organizations for effective program implementation of MNCHN and other health program, policy advocacy and sharing of best practices.
- Take measures to mobilize concrete achievements of MNCHN to leverage programs under health, education and protection.
- Maintain better synergy with core programs especially with ECCD, BE, SHN, ASRH and identify the areas for synergy with Child Protection and Child Rights Governance to work collaboratively for changes in life of children.
- Promote functional networking and coordination with other I/NGOs, private sectors and government line agencies to maximize the resources for adolescent and youth development.
- Liaise with government counter parts like Provincial health department, Municipality/Palika health unit, D/PHO and HFs and ensure effective coordination & collaboration with Municipality/Palika health unit, D/PHOs and other stakeholders to
- Support HFs, CHWs/FCHVs in recording, reporting, and also ensure that data is being collected at health facilities and reported routinely.
- Participate in monthly meetings at Palika level to provide technical support and feedback as and when necessary.
- Ensure the receiving of reliable and quality reports from partners and submission of the reports to Save the Children through Line Managers.
- Ensure the analytical discussion with partners on project reports before submission.
- Assist Line Manager to prepare, finalize and to submit semi-annual and annual reports.
- Set up data base systems on partner level and to orient them to use the information to track the progress of projects / programs on monthly basis
- Support Program Manager Health and Nutrition to do the documentation of maternal, newborn and child health initiatives/pilot interventions in the impact area. Prepare case-stories and success stories of the program from the impact areas
- In coordination with the Line Manager, represent Save the Children at local, regional, national and international levels and at humanitarian community when and if required.
- Represent MNCHN program at different forums
Humanitarian and emergency response:
Work as focal person of Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well as perform as a leader in emergency preparedness and respond to mothers and children in the region.
Qualifications and experience for Project Coordinator | Save the Children | ngo jobs nursing vacancy
- Master’s in Nursing or Bachelor’s in Nursing with MPH
- At least 3 years in leading and managing MNCHN program Skills
- Program management skills
- Has ability to adopt innovation in the program
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and has ability to work independently
- Sound computer skills on word processing, power-point, Excel and basic computer software
- Data analysis skills using statistical software will be an added value
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Strong interpersonal communication and coordination skills
- Ability to prepare reports and documents in English and Nepali and perform communication with visitors in good manner
Required No.(s): 1
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Mahottari, under Eastern Field Office (EFO)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Apply Procedure for Project Coordinator | Save the Children | ngo jobs nursing vacancy
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Mar 2, 2022
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth