The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a UK based international non-government organization active in 34 countries; started its work in Nepal from 1957 with establishment of Anandaban Hospital in Lele, the sourthern part of Lalitpur. However, from 2005 TLM Nepal has been working as independent NGO in partnership with TLM international and the Government of Nepal to provide specialist tertiary care and technical support for leprosy control programs. It also undertakes internationally recognized research into leprosy and implements disability inclusive community development programs through its own activities and strategic partnership.
Being one of the largest NGOs in the country working in the field of leprosy, TLM Nepal mainly focuses in working with and for people affected by leprosy. Its development interventions focuses in the areas of health, capacity building, education, sustainable livelihoods, community development, advocacy and research working towards equity and inclusion of people affected by leprosy and disability in the development process.
Location: Anandaban Hospital, Lele
Reports To: Research Director
Overall purpose of job
Incumbent will work closely with the Research Director and Team to develop innovative ideas and implement, analyze, report and publish research projects. Incumbent will assist in coordinating clinical research sampling and design, ensuring international standards and regulatory methodology (GCP, GCLP) within multidisciplinary projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform various core experimental research activities including wet lab experiment, sample collection, sample processing, data collection and data management.
- Assist in development, planning and management of research projects in coordination with research Director.
- Meet regularly with research Director to discuss research assignments.
- Prepare and finalize MRL reports to be submitted internally or externally throughout the year.
- Attend camps or clinics for research projects and collect, record, process and analyse research samples.
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate research activities.
- Ethical management of human participants in research projects.
- Review existing available laboratory SOPs and documents.
- Revise or develop drafts SOPs for laboratory experiments.
- Validate research experiments according to SOPs.
- Perform quality control and quality assessment activities to maintain standards of experimental results.
- Contribute in the development of relevant research articles (manuscripts and proposals).
- Actively participate in various workshops and MRL training activities.
- Enthusiastic for working in an interdisciplinary team and preparedness to work in other research projects when necessary (technical support for abstract preparation and power point presentation)
- Perform routine maintenance of technical research labs and equipment
- Prepare training materials, supervise students and TLMI guests visiting MRL
- Be well versed in research methodology theoretical and practical – tool designing, data collection, report editing/writing
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting and multitask.
- Adhere to all MRL biohazard and waste management procedures
- Any other job as assigned by the reporting manager.
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Medical Technology, or relevant to the role from a reputed/recognized University.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in relevant field.
- Significant knowledge of molecular biology to carry out laboratory works ∙ Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Proficiency with data visualization programs, program management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Sound organisational and time management skills, including the ability to perform high volume tasks to meet deadlines, maintaining a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficient in writing presentation skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali languages
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Apply procedure for Research Officer
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at https://tlmnepal.org/career/ and submit their application through the online portal. The application deadline is on 16th May 2022, 4:00 pm.
Notes applying to all jobs at TLMN
TLM Nepal has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The post holder should have signed and must comply with all TLMN organizational policies, including the Safeguarding Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth