WHO Online Course on NTD in context of COVID -19 Certificate NTDs are a heterogeneous collection of 20 communicable and non-communicable diseases and disease groups that are associated with poverty, mainly affecting people in tropical and sub-tropical countries. Over 1.7 billion people worldwide are estimated to require at least one NTD intervention every year. This course focuses on NTDs in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides a general introduction to the diseases, discusses the impact of COVID-19 on NTD programmes, and focuses on the adaptations needed to safely and effectively fight NTDs, in light of the disruption to health services caused by the pandemic. It targets decision-makers and programme managers at the national and subnational levels.
Course Name : Neglected tropical diseases in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic: impact and guidance
Learning objectives: By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- describe the main characteristics and disease burden of NTDs;
- list prevention and control measures for NTDs, within the framework of the 5 strategies recommended by WHO;
- discuss the impact of COVID-19 on NTD programmes and on transmission of NTDs, as well as WHO’s response;
- understand how to maintain essential health services in the COVID-19 pandemic context;
- understand how to adapt facility-based and community-based health care; and
- understand how to resume mass treatment, active case-finding and population-based surveys for neglected tropical diseases in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Table of Contents
Approximately 1 hour.
Course contents for WHO Online Course on NTD Certificate
- Module 1: Introduction and overview of the course:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) activities; and explain how NTD activities can be adapted to ensure safe implementation in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Module 2: Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on NTD programmes and activities:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs); and describe WHO’s response to NTDs in the context of COVID-19.
- Module 3: WHO general guidance on implementation of NTD interventions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and WHO Guidance for community-based interventions:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe general guidance for Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic; and describe recommendations for community-based interventions for NTDs in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Module 4: WHO guidance on the resumption of community-based interventions:By the end of this module, you should be able to: explain the decision-making process for the resumption of NTD community-based interventions; describe the criteria and considerations for the risk-benefit assessment that should be conducted to decide if the planned NTD activity should resume or commence; and describe precautionary measures that can be applied to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission associated with the planned NTD activity.
- Module 5 : WHO guidance for maintenance of essential health services:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe the principles of maintaining essential NTD health services; and explain how NTD programme activities can be modified for the safe delivery of services.
A Record of Achievement certificate will be available to participants who score at least 80% in the final assessment.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospitalProgram Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital: Dhulikhel Hospital invites application for dynamic,…
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know themeWorld Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme: In recent years, there has been…
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs…
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancyStaff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy : Lalbandi is…
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHOInequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO :Disaggregated data – data that are…
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in KathmanduStaff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu: IOM announces vacancy for 50…
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023 : Save the Children believes every…
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023: Action for Nepal is an open,…
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023: SOS Children’s Villages Nepal as a non-governmental social…
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth