WHO Online Course on NTD in context of COVID -19 Certificate NTDs are a heterogeneous collection of 20 communicable and non-communicable diseases and disease groups that are associated with poverty, mainly affecting people in tropical and sub-tropical countries. Over 1.7 billion people worldwide are estimated to require at least one NTD intervention every year. This course focuses on NTDs in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides a general introduction to the diseases, discusses the impact of COVID-19 on NTD programmes, and focuses on the adaptations needed to safely and effectively fight NTDs, in light of the disruption to health services caused by the pandemic. It targets decision-makers and programme managers at the national and subnational levels.
Course Name : Neglected tropical diseases in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic: impact and guidance
Learning objectives: By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- describe the main characteristics and disease burden of NTDs;
- list prevention and control measures for NTDs, within the framework of the 5 strategies recommended by WHO;
- discuss the impact of COVID-19 on NTD programmes and on transmission of NTDs, as well as WHO’s response;
- understand how to maintain essential health services in the COVID-19 pandemic context;
- understand how to adapt facility-based and community-based health care; and
- understand how to resume mass treatment, active case-finding and population-based surveys for neglected tropical diseases in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Approximately 1 hour.
Course contents for WHO Online Course on NTD Certificate
- Module 1: Introduction and overview of the course:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) activities; and explain how NTD activities can be adapted to ensure safe implementation in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Module 2: Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on NTD programmes and activities:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs); and describe WHO’s response to NTDs in the context of COVID-19.
- Module 3: WHO general guidance on implementation of NTD interventions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and WHO Guidance for community-based interventions:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe general guidance for Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic; and describe recommendations for community-based interventions for NTDs in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Module 4: WHO guidance on the resumption of community-based interventions:By the end of this module, you should be able to: explain the decision-making process for the resumption of NTD community-based interventions; describe the criteria and considerations for the risk-benefit assessment that should be conducted to decide if the planned NTD activity should resume or commence; and describe precautionary measures that can be applied to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission associated with the planned NTD activity.
- Module 5 : WHO guidance for maintenance of essential health services:By the end of this module, you should be able to: describe the principles of maintaining essential NTD health services; and explain how NTD programme activities can be modified for the safe delivery of services.
A Record of Achievement certificate will be available to participants who score at least 80% in the final assessment.
- Public Health Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobsAssociation of Medical Doctors of Asia-Nepal (AMDA-Nepal) was established in 1989 and was officially…
- Nursing Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobsNursing Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs : Association of Medical Doctors of Asia-Nepal…
- Project Coordinator | KPADFKarnali Poverty Abatement and Development Forum (KPADF) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization registered…
- Staff Nurse | Pharmacy Assistant | ingo vacancyStaff Nurse | Pharmacy Assistant | ingo vacancy : Okhaldhunga Community Hospital (OCH) is…
- Project Coordinator | WVI | ingo jobsProject Coordinator | WVI | ingo jobs: World Vision is a child-focused relief, development and…
- Implementation guide for mOralHealth | WHOImplementation guide for mOralHealth | WHO : Oral diseases are widespread and greatly impact…
- Project Officer | ingo jobsHeifer Project international Nepal (HPIN) is a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to ending hunger and…
- Staff Nurse Vacancy | ingo jobs 2021Staff Nurse Vacancy | ingo jobs 2021 : Okhaldhunga Community Hospital (OCH) is a…
- Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 : The Nepal Army has…
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new healthjobs health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo new health guidelines ngojobs ngo jobs ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing license nursing officer nursing vacancy ph updates Public health publichealth Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart.