Associate District Program Coordinator | RHEST | ngo jobs: Rural Health and Education Services Trust (RHEST) is a national NGO established in 1992, primarily working to prevent girl trafficking through the provision of education services and safety networks to at-risk girls throughout Nepal.
Since 1997, RHEST has been supported by the INGO the American Himalayan Foundation (AHF). In addition to funds, AHF provides program and organizational guidance to RHEST and assists RHEST in its communications to donors and other international stakeholders.
Since 2011, AHF has received funds for RHEST programs from the Foundation for a Just Society (FJS), a US based philanthropic organization. FJS works to help develop capacity of women-led organizations working in the sphere of gender equity. Through an associated organization, the Foundation for a Just Society International (FJSI), FJS has offered RHEST funding for such capacity development, with an integral part of this development being the appointment of an Associate Executive Director to help RHEST grow to a point where it can independently manage large grants directly from donors such as FJSI.
Basic Job Information
|No. of Vacancy/s||:||[ 1 ]|
|Employment Type||:||Full Time|
|Apply Before(Deadline)||:||Aug. 09, 2021|
How to give an effective interview
|Experience Required||:||More than or equals to 3 years|
|Professional Skill Required||:||Interpersonal Communication Microsoft Office Suite|
Job Description for Associate District Program Coordinator | RHEST | ngo jobs
Rural Health and Education Service Trust (RHEST) is dedicated to ending all forms of violence against women, including girl trafficking, early marriage, and child labor, and to promoting woman’s reproductive health. Currently, RHEST is supporting the formal education of more than 12,500 vulnerable girls in the rural communities in 18 districts of Nepal. Girl’s leadership and capacity development are other focus areas of RHEST’s programs.
RHEST is looking for capable and experienced female candidates from the Sindhupalchowk district for the post of Associate District Program Coordinator (ADPC) for its district office in Baunepati, Sindhupalchowk.
Reports to: District Program Coordinator (DPC), district office in Sindhupalchowk
Duty Station: Sindhupalchowk district with frequent field visits to the program municipalities within the district
Duration of Assignment: One year with possible extension
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the DPC and team for developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the quarterly and annual plans of the district office
- Helps the team establish and maintain the district office and inform local stakeholders about the district presence of RHEST and provides guidance and support to interns
- Develops and maintains good coordination and working relationship with stakeholders, including the government bodies, program-supported schools, School Management Committee (SMC), Parent Teacher Association (PTA), community people, and like-minded NGOs and INGOs at the local and district levels
- Identifies capacity needs of interns, Friday Facilitators, Alum, and Advocacy Group, and conducts training and other capacity development activities
- Identifies issues concerning girls’ education and empowerment and their other rights. Makes plan and conducts advocacy at the local and district levels independently and jointly with Alum, Advocacy Group, and other like-minded organizations
- Enlarges the outreach and networking of the district office at the local and district levels
- Participates in the external events and programs relevant to RHEST’s work and contributes to the planning and policy-making of the local and district level governments where appropriate
- Participates in meetings, advocacy, campaigns, and Day celebration of like-minded organizations at the local and district levels
- Prepares field visit reports, cases, success stories, and helps the team make the period progress and financial reports
Program-supported girls-specific role
- Assists the selection of the girls at most risk to trafficking, child marriage, and other forms of gender-based violence (GBV). Builds rapport with the girls and their families, and assists them in getting help such as legal, psychological, and safe accommodation, and counseling if they or another member of their family need it in cases of domestic abuse, GBV, or other threatening situations
- Supports the girls, Friday Facilitators, Alum, and Advocacy Group enhance their capacity and leadership and encourages them to participate in the advocacy and campaigns of RHEST and other organizations at the district and local levels
III. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, education, development studies, management, or any discipline with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Five years of working experience in lieu of Intermediate education in any above-mentioned disciplines
- Excellent coordination, networking, communication, facilitation, advocacy, and report writing skills
- Good understanding of government policies and procedures related to RHEST’s work, and NGO’s compliances with the government
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated commitment for ending GBV, in particular, child marriage and girl’s trafficking, and promoting zero tolerance to gender-based discrimination and GBV
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in project and financial management
- Good written and spoken skills in the Nepali language. Ability to communicate in English is desirable. Knowledge of any local languages that are in wide use in the district will be an asset
- Remuneration and other facilities will be arranged as per RHEST’s HR policy
Applying Procedure for Associate District Program Coordinator | RHEST | ngo jobs
Interested candidates are requested to send a recent CV and motivation letter to [email protected] by 9 August 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. For further information, please contact at 01 4437371 or 98012 43847 (RHEST office Kathmandu). | rhest.org.np
Note: Women from indigenous, Dalit, and other marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
RHEST reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Public Health Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs
- Nursing Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs
- Project Coordinator | KPADF
- Staff Nurse | Pharmacy Assistant | ingo vacancy
- Project Coordinator | WVI | ingo jobs
- Implementation guide for mOralHealth | WHO
- Project Officer | ingo jobs
- Staff Nurse Vacancy | ingo jobs 2021
- Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021
- Staff Nurse Vacancy 2021
- Program Coordinator | CEN | ngo jobs
- Impact of COVID-19 on the global leprosy control | WHO
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new healthjobs health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo new health guidelines ngojobs ngo jobs ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing license nursing officer nursing vacancy ph updates Public health publichealth Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart.