Project Manager | ILC | ngo jobs : Independent Living Center Lalitpur Run completely by persons with disabilities (PWDs) the Independent Living Center (ILC) Lalitpur is a non-profitable and non-political self-aid organization. As a non-governmental organization (NGO) the Independent Living Center focuses on the establishment and the protection of the rights for persons with a disability, furthermore the Independent Living Center works to improve the availability of public access and gives the service of independent living, the personal assistant (P.A.) and peer counseling. Registered in 2010 AD at the District Administration Office of Lalitpur Nepal under the Institution registration Act-1977, the Independent Living Center Lalitpur is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council Nepal and is associated with several national and international development partnerships, organizations, and networks.
Independent Living Center Lalitpur (ILC-Lalitpur) is completely non-profitable and non -political self-help organization run by persons with disabilities (PWDs). This is a non-governmental organization established to work for the promotion and protection of the human rights of persons with disabilities through the concept of independent living in Nepal. ILC Lalitpur has partnership with Nepal Government and other development partners. Among them “Strengthening and Spreading the Independent Living concept in Nepal” (SSILC), a USAID funded Project is being implemented in five districts (Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Makawanpur, Morang and Kailali) of Nepal joint partnership with Phase Nepal. The project aim is to support persons with disabilities to make them to live independently and being included in the community.
Project duration: November 2019 to November 2022.
Designation: Project Manager
Duty Station: ILC Lalitpur
Gross Salary: 70,000
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
DELIVERABLE GOALS: MAIN TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Planning and Implementation
- Develop monthly and quarterly work plan of the project.
- Facilitate/support teammates to develop their individual plans for accomplishing the planned intervention in a stipulated schedule.
- Facilitate and support sub-ordinate staff to develop activity planning and implementation guidelines to accomplish the project activities with a high level of impact in the community.
- Develop a program plan, ensure its smooth implementation, and manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities.
- Support field coordinators in mobilizing DPO coordinators and other team members.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of logistics and equipment to maintain efficiency in project activities.
- Maintain a healthy work environment, motivate all team members regularly and resolve conflict in such a situation.
- Ensure all awareness related activities, related logistics are up to date and implemented as scheduled.
- Design and develop disability-related IEC, BCC, and other sensitization materials.
- Work with artists, radio presenters, participatory video producers, and TV stations to develop accessible and inclusive Information for awareness.
- Organize workshops, high-level meetings and public events for advocacy and coordination for disability rights.
- Ensure that cross-cutting themes are properly addressed at all levels of project implementation specifically focusing on child protection, gender mainstreaming, and environment protection.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Revise program plans on a regular basis together with the representative of partners and incorporate feedback for further improvement of project implementation status in achieving the project goals.
- Supervise all the locally assigned project teams and ensure that all the staff is doing work as per their job description.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collection of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports.
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the management team and partners accordingly.
- Liaise with PHASE and ILC management for program monitoring and project area visits.
How to give an effective interview
Coordination, Liaison and Networking
- Ensure proper coordination is established with district level and other line agencies working in the project area.
- Ensure timely and proper Coordination and communication in all project activities to the management team and partners.
- Strengthen relations and partnership with other I/NGOs working in similar areas to maximize synergies and achieve project outcome /goal and impact across the project areas with a particular focus on analyzing and exchanging the best practice.
- Advocacy and lobby for disability act and rights not limited to different authorities but also to related vulnerable groups of people.
- Ensure that monthly, trimester and annual quality progress reports are prepared and submitted to the program manager on an agreed time frame.
- Maintain project-related database, analyze the reports periodically (quarterly and biannually) in connection to achieving output, out-come, goal, and impact.
- Document and share the best practice, most significant change history, challenges faced, lessons learned and contribute to senior management in knowledge management.
- Supervise and approve leave requests of sub-ordinate team members.
- Approve project expenses as plan and as per authority granted.
- Promote a positive team environment between project staff and beneficiaries.
- Be accountable and possess a high level of stewardship in project fund management, control misappropriation, and fraudulence;
- Ensure that all the financial compliance of PHASE Nepal and ILC or donor are duly met during the project implementation.
- Coordinate with relevant departments of ILC and PHASE Nepal for overall fund management.
- Conduct extensive visits to project areas.
- Coordinate with different departments of PN and ILC (HR, Logistic, Communication, and Finance as and when needed for smooth project implementation).
- Obligate with PHASE management for providing better performance and achieve a higher quality of the assigned task.
- In addition to the above-listed responsibilities, other tasks as directed by the concerned authorities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- The candidate should have at least Bachelors’ Degree or above in any discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the related field.
- Well-motivated, team member able to work alone and/or without supervision.
- Have sound judgement and the ability to make difficult decisions independently.
- Required Competencies
- Detailed and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High drive for results
- Negotiation and Coordination Skills
Apply Procedure for Project Manager | ILC | ngo jobs
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV along with application to [email protected] by 2nd August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth