Health Research Ethics for Students | APRU : As a network of leading universities linking the Americas, Asia and Australasia, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) is the Voice of Knowledge and Innovation for the Asia-Pacific region. We bring together thought leaders, researchers, and policy-makers to exchange ideas and collaborate on effective solutions to the challenges of the 21st century. We leverage collective education and research capabilities of our members into the international public policy process. Our primary research areas include natural hazards & disaster risk reduction, women in leadership, population aging, global health, sustainable cities, artificial intelligence & the future of work, the Pacific Ocean, and labor mobility.
In this virtual, interactive training totaling 12 hours, join students from around the world to develop competencies in health research ethics through short lectures by international guest experts, small group case study discussions facilitated by expert faculty, and self-paced online homework.
Date & Time
September 30 and October 14 & 28 at 5:30 pm (PDT)/
October 1, 15 & 29 at 8:30 am (Hong Kong & Manila time)
Duration: 2 hours per session.
- 6 hours of discussions and lectures with 6 speakers plus online homework
- 9 case studies
- View a tentative program here.
- Gabriela Arguedas-Ramírez, Universidad de Costa Rica
- Mary Ana Cordero Díaz, Tecnologico de Monterrey
- Angus Dawson, University of Sydney
- Leonardo D de Castro, University of the Philippines
- Sharon Kaur, University of Malaya
- Vicki Xafis, National University of Singapore
- Adik Wibowo, Universitas Indonesia
- Andrés Caicedo, Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Catherine Zhou & King L Chow, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Leander Penaso Marquez, Leonardo D de Castro & Honey Libertine Achanzar-Labor, University of the Philippines
- María de Jesús Medina-Arellano & Zaira Janet Gutiérrez Contreras, National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Nenita Baltazar-Panaligan, Cavite State University
- Sanjay Rampal, Universiti Malaya
View the speakers’ bios below.
How to Register for Health Research Ethics for Students | APRU
- Complete a free online informed consent training here (30 mins). You should receive a score of at least 85% to pass.
- Fill in an online registration form here and upload your certificate of completion to complete your application.
- Deadline of completion: September 15th. Space is limited and fills up quickly so please register ASAP.
- A confirmation of registration zoom links will be sent to you within one week once you apply and upload the certificate.
- The applications will be reviewed and selected by the Global Health Program. There is no guarantee that all applications will be accepted.
- Updates on the closing registration of certain economies will be posted on this page when the quota is full.
- The training is free and exclusive for APRU undergraduate and graduate students.
- Due to the high demand, we will use a quota-based system per economy to have a diverse cohort suitable for the program.
- The Global Health Program reserves the rights of the final decision on application acceptance.
- The training will be conducted in English via Zoom in three sessions of 2 hours each. Students will also be required to complete some online exercises in between the sessions.
- Those who successfully complete all 6 live session hours plus the required “homework” will receive a certificate of participation.
This Program is sponsored by the University of the Philippines. We acknowledge their active participation and strong support to this important training during the global pandemic.
- Public Health Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs
- Nursing Instructor | AMDA-Nepal | ngo jobs
- Project Coordinator | KPADF
- Staff Nurse | Pharmacy Assistant | ingo vacancy
- Project Coordinator | WVI | ingo jobs
- Implementation guide for mOralHealth | WHO
- Project Officer | ingo jobs
- Staff Nurse Vacancy | ingo jobs 2021
- Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021
- Staff Nurse Vacancy 2021
- Program Coordinator | CEN | ngo jobs
- Impact of COVID-19 on the global leprosy control | WHO
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new healthjobs health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo new health guidelines ngojobs ngo jobs ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing license nursing officer nursing vacancy ph updates Public health publichealth Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart.