Healthy Eating in COVID-19 ; Tips for your Health
LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE AND MEDICINE BE THY FOOD”.
It is simply defined as the intake of various kinds of foods which gives you needed nutrients and energy to maintain individual’s physical, mental, emotional health needed for a positive holistic health. It’s a pattern of eating full equipped with needed carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, fats, fluids, and many more for a healthy lifestyle.
“WHEN DIET IS WRONG, MEDICINE IS OF NO USE. WHEN DIET IS CORRECT, MEDICINE IS OF NO NEED”.-Ayurvedic Proverb
This clearly defines how important a healthy diet is for our health.
Healthy Eating and COVID
Having millions of people being infected with COVID, Unhealthy diets may also be one of the preexisting situation keeping the individuals at risk .In this running pandemic of COVID, It marks an impressive presence in adjusting your health. Though there is no proof or any remarks marking the cure of COVID by any food or dietary supplements, it is crucial in boosting up our immune system and to be prepared to fight back against any kinds of infection. Though not a cure, Healthy eating can serve a s a preventive measure for many kinds of health issues.
Why healthy eating is important?
1) Healthy eating is a vital and prominent part of healthy living.
2) It helps gain an adequate weight often called a healthy weight.
3) It helps having better mood and a proficient energy level.
4) It boosts up our immunity and helps us fight back against infections and other Risk factors.
5) It’s a base mark of the health of future generations as this eating practice passes from one generation to other .
6) It helps reducing the chances of having chronic diseases like Diabetes, Blood Pressure and many more.
How can one maintain a healthy eating?
Healthy eating is not complex and expensive as we think it of to be. We can maintain a healthy eating just with some available and affordable food, a good skill to prepare and serve them at a good and hygienic condition. The basic tips for a healthy eating include:
1) Adjust your meals with at least one carbohydrate containing food like wheat, rice, maize which makes you full for a little bit longer. Have foods enriched with vitamins, proteins minerals, also.
2) Eat lots of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
3) Lessen the use of saturated fats and sugar. Intake of much saturated fat is likely to increase blood cholesterol level. Likewise, high intake of sugar may cause hyper glycaemia.
4) Limit the salt intake. If possible take 5 grams of salt a day which is equal to one teaspoon.
High salt intake may cause an increase in Blood Pressure.
5) Stay hydrated. Avoidance of sugar sweetened beverage and fizzy drinks. Drink plenty of water.
Take more water in hot day and after exercise.
6) Avoid intake of alcohol, alcoholic beverages, tobacco and other tobacco products.
7) Don’t skip breakfasts. Many people think skipping breakfast will help them reduce weight. But a healthy breakfast is a small form of balanced eating. So go for it.
8) Have frequent intake of foods rather than binge eating at a time.
9) Avoid junk foods as far as possible.
10) Breastfeeding babies and young children. Exclusive breastfeeding for child under 6 month and complementary breastfeeding with other variety of food for child under 2 years.