Laboratory Technician | IOM | ingo jobs: Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract and staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP). Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of Chief Migration Health Physician in Nepal and under the direct supervision of Senior Lab Technician in Kathmandu, and laboratory supervisor in Damak Nepal. The incumbent will assist in providing laboratory services for the Medical Processing Unit. After being trained by Senior Lab Technician, the incumbent will be assigned the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Perform laboratory procedures as assigned by the laboratory supervisor for pre-examination, examination and post-examination activities through the use of the standard relevant equipment.
2. Ensure standards and the quality of laboratory procedures by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
3. Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the laboratory, minding the safety of oneself and others.
4. Organize and operates activities on assigned station for accurate, efficient and timely delivery of results.
5. Perform quality control activities for assigned stations and document results as required.
6. Facilitate in maintenance of laboratory equipment in good working order and operate equipment appropriately following SOPs.
7. Facilitate in laboratory stock management and monitor that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated work.
8. Facilitate to maintenance of established system of organized record keeping and information management for timely delivery of results, data collection, analysis and reporting for laboratory monitoring and facilitation to operational research.
9. Participate in the development and updating of SOPs as needed.
10. Participate in the improvement of service system according to adopted work plan in the laboratory.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience for Laboratory Technician | IOM | ingo jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Lab Technology from accredited Institution with 2 years of relevant work experience. Or,
- Diploma Degree in Medical Lab Technology with 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council
- At least tertiary education background in Medical Laboratory Techniques, including experience in Tuberculosis laboratories.
- Experience in HIV and Syphilis serology testing desirable.
- Ability to work independently and analytically under time constraints.
- Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied professional and culture backgrounds.
- Able to operate fully automated biochemistry analyzers and work independently in biochemistry laboratory.
- Ability and willingness to working difficult areas/situations and conditions.
- Advance knowledge and understanding of computerized information including MS office programs.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected] by 10 February 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
- Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | Padma Nursing Home | latest vacancy 2023
- Nepal’s Changing Weather and Your Health: What You Need to Know
- Project Manager | ADRA | ingo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey ! I am Nepal Health Magazine Bot , yet powerful enough to approve, disapprove , delete, ban anything and anyone.