Logistic Officer | Save the Children | ngo jobs 2022 :Job Title: Logistic Officer – (220008RW) Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
No. of vacancy: 1 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Madhesh Pradesh, Janakpur
Logistic Officer is responsible for undertaking the responsibilities of operational supply chain for C19 RM linked with the smooth functioning of National Covid response, HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria Program at Province & District. He/she supports for continually improve supply chain management process and follow the standard operating procedures Support in all the PSM strengthening activities at province, districts and local health facilities level.
S/he will support province team to assist local procurement, keeping record of supply distribution and strengthen LMIS tool
Key Responsibilities for Logistic Officer | Save the Children | ngo jobs 2022
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Track and ensure the supply made by Save the Children Country Office, entities, and other partners are safely reached the destination and consumed as per the guidelines;
- Ensure that commodities are delivered from entities/CO, received, stored, and distributed as per WHO good storage practices and the Health Care warehouse management Manual in time;
- Collect and compile the bi-monthly/quarterly reports from service delivery sites/health offices on behalf of PHLMC or to support PHLMCPrepare the requisitions and forward them to the concerned entities through PHLMC and GF-PSM directly authentically;
- Coordinate and follow up with entities/CO PSM team for timely delivery of commodities/drugs as per requisition;
- Support to update eLMIS system of incoming and outgoing commodities and drugs related to TB , HIV and Malaria regularly;
- Prepare distribution plan of commodities based in program reports in close consultation and support from thematic focal person in province;
- Ensure and support to deliver commodities/drugs to health offices/SDP by arranging the vehicle appropriately;
- Ensure and follow up health offices/SDP commodities/drugs are distributed to palika level/HF level in time; Make sure that delivered supplies are reached to destination.
- Support to province team for local procurement, donation and handover items to government sites and SCI province office;
- Review key warehouse activities, e.g., physical inventory receiving , storage conditions, store security including insurance, and workplace safety;
- Ensure Zero stock out at all levels of health facilities for TB, HIV, and Malaria commodities;
- Maintain expiry chart in store under PHLMC and ensure such chart is applied/placed at SDP/SR level to minimize the risk of expiry;
- Support Provincial Government and Local Government on Quantification and Forecasting as well as quality control support of Pharmaceuticals and Health products;
- Ensure quality assurance of the products and processes as per the Global Fund quality assurance policy;
- Liaise with the Department of Drug Administration (DDA) province level as per the requirements;
- Report on any suspected irrational use of drugs based on reports and visits;
- Support to facilitate HIV/TB/ Malaria logistics management related training/orientation for district-level stores and service delivery points jointly with PHLMC/PSM team;
- Support to pull/deliver commodities/drugs system among province SDPs;
- Dispose and document expired or unusable commodities as per the guidelines at the province level;
- Maintain all logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/ approvals including e-documents are properly archived for easy retrieval;
- Support to collect, distribute and submit logistic related reports to entities PSM team, Province team and CO PSM team in routine basis;
- Carry out monitoring visits to SDPs/SR to ensure supply chain system is appropriately adopted and commodities/drugs are properly recorded, stored and verified,
- Support to Province SCI logistic team as per needed,
- Share key challenges, learnings and further improvement area in Quarterly basis and immediately if needed to CO GF-PSM Team ;
- Support to activate eLMIS up to HF level in support of PHLMC team for live data/item review;
- Represent in province logistic management sub-group on behalf of Save the children , provide logistic/PSM status and areas to be supported from PHLMC
- Support and analyze drugs/commodities to be included in pipeline in close consultation and guidance from CO PSM team,
- Undertake other assignments as requested by Line Manager and PHLMC when/as required
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors in pharmacy
- 3 years’ of working experience in managing pharmaceutical store/in patient supply chain and related program as well.
- Computer experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in spoken and written skill in English and Nepali language
- Prior experiences in TB, HIV and Malaria program
- Leadership and communication skills
- Action oriented individual with good planning skills
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- International Epilepsy Day 2024
- Public Health Nurse | Cold Chain Assitant | latest jobs vacancy 2024
- Staff Nurse | CMLT | Radiographer |Medical Officer | latest jobs 2023
- Different position vacancies at SISO Nepal
- Call for Participation | 24-24 Youth Campaign to End TB
- Pharmacist | Staff Nurse | Anesthesiologist Assistant | Anesthesiologist | Gynecologist, Pediatrician | Physician | Om Women Hospital vacancy
- Community Health Department Supervisor | nursing jobs 2023 | Tansen Hospital
- Program Officer |Public Health Nurse | ngo jobs 2023 | LEADS Nepal
- Checklist for ensuring the quality of violence against women surveys | WHO
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth