Nurse Migration Health | IOM | ingo jobs : Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 5
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: July 13, 2021
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Head Nurse, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Core Functions / Responsibilities for Nurse Migration Health | IOM | ingo jobs
1. Perform daily nursing activities in the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
a. Medical examinations,
i. Such as checking vital signs, weight, height, visual acuity.
ii. Blood, urine, or sputum collection as required.
c. Laboratory testing
e. TB management
f. Treatment and referrals
g. Pre-departure procedures and medical movements
h. Documentation, certification, and information transmission
i. Other technical areas as may be required.
2. Provide information and detailed explanations to the migrants and/or refugees in relation to:
- The migration health assessment process
- Treatments and referrals
3. Ensure proper identification and follow-up by:
• Comprehensive history taking
• Accurate and thorough Bio-data collection
• Ensuring ID verification for each step of the health assessment process
• Keeping a register of applicants who undergo health investigations and testing.
4. Follow and implement the Health Assessment Programme’s check lists and SOP’s and maintain standard universal precautions within MHAC.
5. Verify samples of sputum, blood or others are properly transported to the laboratory or previously designated location.
6. Maintain and monitor the MHAC pharmacy, stock, medical kits and emergency kits within the MHAC and for medical escorts if applicable.
7. Provide pre and/or post counselling to migrants or refugees on TB or HIV education, prevention, and management as appropriate.
8. Prepare administrative reports and program updates, as necessary.
9. Support the planning and execution of mobile missions if applicable.
10. Assist with pre-departure documents, briefings, and preparations, as necessary.
11. Perform medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the destination).
12. Maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to facilitate the follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
13. Collect statistical information and share with the Head Nurse or IMHP as present and agreed upon format.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience for Nurse Migration Health | IOM | ingo jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with three years of clinical experience; Or • Completed High School Degree in Nursing with five years’ work experience in related field.
- Valid license to practice Nursing in Nepal. Experience
- Excellent technical skills, including in phlebotomy.
- Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
- Computer Literacy required.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources Presents goals as shared interests • Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
Apply Procedure for Nurse Migration Health | IOM | ingo jobs
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected] by 13 July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
FOR any inquiries
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth