Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Position: Nutrition Facilitators (SM), Field-9
Main Responsibilities: The Nutrition Facilitators (Social Mobilizers) will facilitate and mobilize the various community-based project groups such as LANN+, GAP groups, NERP camps, and food and nutrition-related groups and networks in the community level (ward level). They play a key role for effective social mobilization in project implementation, communication, and helping hands to women and youth, support FCHVs, ANMs, and change agents while doing and conducting events, meetings, and planning daily and regularly at the community level (60% based in field/ward level).
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Intermediate degree or required vocational with at least five years of relevant experience in child nutrition, growth monitoring of under 5 children, mobilization of women, reproductive health groups, including sanitation and hygiene promotion related activities.
- Good social mobilization and coordination skills.
Good community meeting, awareness program, and training facilitation skills.
- Also, knowledge and skills PD, NERP, PPP (seven steps), POCAP, LANN+ group’s facilitation for the transformation of the community and marginalized groups’ nutrition behavior through diet diversity, NERP facilitation, health, and nutrition staff mobilization.
- Experience in implementing water supply systems and sanitation systems
- Skills and motivation on facilitation of women and farmers groups and nutrition education and rehabilitation programme, NERP camps, and nutrition education promoted events in the community and school levels.
- Community mobilization for conduction of various training events for women, farmers and support in small irrigation schemes and health and sanitation awareness events.
- Conduct public auditing in each infrastructure support project and other activities and community scorecard exercises at the ward level.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Coordination with local government and wards level stakeholders (60% field/ward level)
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to the field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer, and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in a field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs, and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at the field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per the organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to [email protected] on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth