Position: Officer- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program)
Number of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Province Office, Itahari-Sunsari
Contract Type: Fixed term contract
Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention (CCSP) Project aims to prevent the development of cancer by identifying high-grade, pre-cancerous cervical lesions and treat the identified pre-cancerous lesions as early as possible. The goal of the program is to contribute to the improvement of women’s reproductive health by strengthening the healthcare system to fight cervical cancer in districts of Province no. 1
Key skills and abilities:
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing/ Public Health with at least 2 years of experience in health-related field.
Skills and Abilities
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Knowledge and basic know-how for communication with people at community level.
- Advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Office Package – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Good communication skills in both Nepali and English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Applicants with two-wheeler driving license is preferrable
- Prepare quarterly and annual plan in line with program objectives.
- Plan for trainings on VIA (Visual Inspection with Acetic acid) and CCSP (screening with VIA and treatment with Thermocoagulation) training.
- Plan orientation program for FCHVs at Health facilities and school health education program.
- Plan for onsite coaching and Monitoring and Evaluation visits
- Plan for VIA Camps for Cervical Cancer Screening coordinating with health section of palika.
- Lead to implement the designed activities within the given time frame and cost agreed for quality standard
- Support for pre and post screening counseling to women and their family members which may support informed consent and increase service utilization
- Support to organize and facilitate VIA and CCSP trainings
- Support to conduct orientation program for FCHVs and school health program to create awareness about cervical cancer
- Development of IEC/BCC materials on Cervical Cancer and ensure distribution and utilization
Coordination and Communication
- Work in close coordination with health facility staff and focal persons of Palikas
- Communicate and coordinate with PHTC and training sites for conducting trainings
- Communication and coordination with referral site to facilitate and ensure treatment of VIA positive cases
- Maintain good coordination with Health Ministries, District Health Office and Health Section of local governments and Funding partner for better management of the project
- Co-ordinate and support for conduction of VIA camps
Monitoring and Supervision
- Ensure VIA service is regularly provided through the health facility
- Monitor the program with indicators and provide feedback to the concerned persons
- Conduct regular field visits and monitor the quality of VIA service and thermocoagulation service at health centers
- Provide technical support to health coordinators in the supervision of VIA trained nurses, health facility staffs and FCHVs
- Contribute for research related work under CCSP Project
- Support to organize review of the CCSP Project on a timely manner
- Support conduction of onsite coaching and Monitoring Visits from training site and PHTC
Reporting and Documentation
- Develop case stories (success and/or failures) and identify the risks of program during implementation and its mitigation measures
- Prepare periodic report of VIA services including keeping update of the VIA service report submitted by different health facilities
- Prepare reports of Camps, monitoring visits and field visits
- Keep update of the program activities and achievements, challenges and lessons learnt
- Prepare and submit quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports to supervisor
- Periodic visits to field offices and project areas as and when required
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications with cover letter and updated Curriculum Vitae with at least two references (including previous employer) by 19th September 2022 email at [email protected]. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and your expected basic salary, joining date and your vehicle license no. (if any) in your cover letter.
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth