Chhimeki Sanstha Nepal (CSN), a non-governmental grassroots volunteer organization established in 2004 by a group of neighborhood women volunteers residing in Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC). It has aimed to improve the nutrition and health condition of children and mothers through the empowerment of poor socio-economic background community mothers/women by promoting their nutritional and health condition while engaging them in sustainable earning sources. Daycare service, skills development, and vocational training are the main functions, to which the organization extends its services to the community people especially; poor, disadvantage, and marginalized groups.
(Date of publication: 26/07/2021)
CSN, a non-governmental grassroots volunteer organization established in 2004 by a group of neighborhood women volunteers residing in Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC). It has aimed to improve nutrition and health condition of children and mother through the empowerment of poor socio-economic background community mother/women by promoting their nutritional and health condition, while engaging them in sustainable earning sources. Day care service, skills development and vocational trainings are the main functions, to which the organization extends its services to the community people especially; poor, disadvantage and marginalized group.
The Terres des Hommes (Tdh) Nepal provided technical assistance to implement the program from its inception to till 2012. Now, CSN has been receiving support from Germany (Stiftung 100), Nepal Chhimeki, Barcelona, Spain and FonsCatalà de Cooperació al Desenvolupament, Spain thereby facilitating the continuity of some of Chhimeki’s key activities.
In the meantime CSN and Tdh Nepal had made an agreement to work on the project: “Digital Health Response to COVID-19” aims to strengthen the capacity of governments health service providers in Kathmandu Valley in delivering quality services to mitigate risks of COVID-19 transmission in line with the national protocols and also to maintain the database for reporting to the concerned agencies/ departments. For this project CSN is looking for an honest, competent and experiences staff to work on it. Therefore, the candidate with the required qualification and competency is invited to apply for the position.x
Detailed job description / requirements
Position: Project Health Officer (PHO)
Required numbers: 1 (One)
Location: Kathmandu valley
Station: Chhimeki Sanstha Nepal, Kathmandu
Type of Contract: Fixed term/ 9 months with possibility of extension
Project: Digital Health Programme with hospital in Kathmandu valley
General responsibilities (Overall purpose):
The PHO is responsible to lead the project and provide technical support to health workers at selected health care facilities to ensure that the Digital Health project and the activities are implemented smoothly and as committed to the donor.
Monitor in close collaboration with the actors of the health system of project implemented hospital, the CSN program and the deliverables to achieve the project objectives.
Identifies difficulties that can hinder to the implementation of project activities and implement new solutions to overcome them.
Work closely with Project Director, CSN and Project Manager, Tdh Nepal.
Specific roles and main responsibilities:
- The PHO is responsible to provide technical and strategic support to health workers, responsible for leading coordination with government and targeted health institutions for achieving the action’s objectives. As such, its mission is to:
- Training to hospital health care workers using mobile e-learning application based on training modules related to project document;
- On the use of the e-learning tool.
- On the use of triaging and screening tool.
- Support to arranger logistic and procurement for health workers for triaging.
- Regular mentoring, feedback collection and follow-up sessions with health workers.
- Work on dissemination workshop with stakeholders, including MOHP.
- Orientation on gender and child safeguarding principles approaches to partner and health personnel.
- Support to conduct baseline and end line surveys.
- Undertakes other duties and responsibilities that may be defined by the CSN’s Program Director and Tdh’s line Manager.
The candidate should have a comprehensive knowledge on Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC) particularly: This position shall work together with Project Manager from Donor (Tdh).
1. Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC):
- Demonstrate autonomy and decision-making skills.
Demonstrate integrity and ethics in its activities.Be determined and proactive.Coordination, Communication and Interactions:
- Coordination with Tdh, stakeholders, targeted hospital and government authorities
- Communicates clearly, responsibly and unambiguously.
- Demonstrates negotiation skills.
- Manage conflicts constructively.
Work as a team:
- Cooperates and contributes to the achievement of results among the team.
- Performs the work according to the common criteria defined and validated by different parties.
- Acts confidently in the area of work and communicate effectively within the project team.
- Demonstrate high moral value and ethical while working with partners and friends.
Mission orientation:Respects the values defined in the strategic plan: Courage, Ambition, Respect, and Commitment.Acts in the interest of CSN and Tdh. Represent and explain CSN’s mission and its project. Leadership:
- Positive and constructive aspects of each person in situation.
- Establish relationships of trust, maintain relationships and nurture relations that allow progress.
2. Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC):
- Respect for the institutional framework:
- Integrates and applies guidelines and strategies for development of project activities
- Knowing and applying the CSN policies; and applying the security guidelines.
- Quality, Monitoring and reporting:
- Produces timely quality reports.
- Collect necessary information to monitor its activity.
- Keeps track of tasks and objectives.
3. Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC):
- Managing a Team:
- Encourages and supports the development of skills of the field team.
- Manage conflicts within the field team.
- Takes and assumes decisions.
- Budget Management:
- Support to ensure the best possible use of the budget for the project in coordination with the guidance of Program Directorandwith support of Admin/finance officer.
- Good knowledge on budget forecast, expenditure planand reporting to donor
Qualifications and skills:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in public health (or equivalent), Information Technology, Management or Social Sciences with minimum of 5 years of work experiences, preferably in health related programs; ideally:
- Experience of working closely with the Government hospitals and health workers.
- Good training facilitation, networking and partner capacity building skills.
- Hands on mobile application development and support experience are a plus.
- Good planning, analytical and presentation skills.
- Have a perfect mastery of IT tools (Office Packs, Microsoft Office).
- Having good knowledge of the health system and policies of Nepal.
- Have excellent documentation and report writing skills in both Nepali and English.
- Good abilities to work in different cultural contexts and in difficult situations as well as to manage confrontation with difference;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent command of Nepali and English (Level: Working Knowledge) language.
Organizational values: CSN expects that its employees’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of CSN defends in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
Salary and benefits: The salary and benefits will be NPR 75,000 approx as gross which is commensurate with an academic qualification, relevant work experience and competency as per the HR policy of Chhimeki Sanstha Nepal.
Expected Starting date: ASAP
Candidates who are meeting above mentioned criteria are requested to submit the applications with cover letter along with updated CV to [email protected] by 17:00 hours, 03 August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. The CSN reserves the right to accept /reject any or all applications(s) without stating any reason whatsoever.
Deadline to submit application: 03 August 2021
- Program Officer Education + PCESP | nnswa | ngo jobs 2022￼
- ANM, CMA, Radiographer, Staff Nurse, Employment Assistant, IT Officer, MDGP | latest jobs 2022
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth