Training Field Supervisor: One Heart Worldwide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) since 2011. OHW works with local communities and local health service providers to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential equipment to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and first months of life. OHW is currently working in 18 (Sindhupalchok, Panchthar, Bhojpur, Terhathum, Khotang, Taplejung, Okhaldhunga, Sankhuwasabha, Ilam, Solukhumbu, Ramechhap, Nuwakot, Kavre, Dolakha, Udayapur, Myagdi, Parbat and Sarlahi) districts of Nepal
Position: Training Field Supervisor
Line Management Report To: District Coordinator
Technical Report To: N/A
Duty Station: District Headquarter of Myagdi with minimum 70% field visits.
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the District Coordinator, the primary function of Training Field Supervisor (TFS) is to provide technical support to MNCH service providers at facility level and relevant stakeholders in MNCH program planning, conduct community awareness raising activities focusing on MNCH, assessment, planning and follow ups of MNCH services at facility and community level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide continuous support to implement “Scaling Up Network of Safety for Women and Newborn” project including birthing center equipment support, capacity building training for service provider, HFOMC strengthening and community level activities.
- Identify needs/gaps and the logistics at health facilities and support in timely delivery at the designated health facilities.
- Provide technical support visits to birthing centers, health workers and FCHVs with special focus on quality of services and capacity building on data collection, reporting, recording and clinical skills.
- Frequent field visits to health facilities and communities to facilitate the training, program follow ups, awareness raising activities and to collect routine monthly data from health facilities and communities.
- Contribute to prepare monthly progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and district work plans
- Develop a network to collect and monitor all maternal deaths in the district and undertake follow-up visits to every household where maternal deaths have occurred to verify the death and identify causes of death.
- Contribute to prepare district monthly progress report, technical deliverables, presentations and district work plan
- Support to build sound relationships with Health Office, urban/rural municipality office, local government offices, program focal person, health facility staff, community stakeholders and female community health volunteers in order to plan & schedule program and achieve program deliverables at the field level
- Support to prepare reports on all maternal/pregnancy related deaths, including causes of death.
- Any other job assigned by the Supervisor or program managers.
Job Specifications (minimum job requirements):
Academic qualifications and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with 1 year of work experience or PCL nursing with 3 years of work experience in the maternal, neonatal and child health field.
Skills and abilities
- Good experience in working with health service delivery system.
- Experiences in clinical work and Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health programs
- Knowledge and experience in program and community level training.
- Practical experience in facilitation and interaction with government counterpart/local stakeholders at different local health facilities, and ability to deal with various stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages and statistical packages, email and internet.
- Good verbal and written communication in English and Nepali.
- Good inter-personal skills and experience of working in a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Ability to function as a self-starter with limited supervision.
Application Process: If you are interested in applying for this position, Please check the link: https://forms.gle/SwJQp3mFqYPdVJ3K8 online application form by 5:00 pm December 5, 2021.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth