World NTDs Day 2023 | Know your theme :Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) are widespread in the world’s poorest regions, where water safety, sanitation and access to health care are less than optimal. NTDs affect over 1 billion people globally and are caused by a variety of pathogens including viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi, and toxins. These diseases are “neglected” because they are almost absent from the global health agenda, receive little funding and are associated with stigma and social exclusion. They are diseases of neglected populations and perpetuate a cycle of poor educational outcomes and limited professional opportunities.
WHO relies on a diverse range of approaches to advance the global NTD agenda. This package of interventions includes the formulation of strategic, technical and normative guidance, the development of derivative tools to strengthen capacities of health staff, the implementation of five core strategies to decrease the burden of disease, the management of operations enabling programmes to function, and steering operational research in support of scientific and technical advancement. As highlighted in the NTD road map for 2021–2030, the fight against NTDs require concerted and cross-sectoral action.
Theme for World NTDs Day 2023 | Know your theme
NTDs are widespread, affecting over 1 billion people and killing hundreds of thousands of people each year. However, as NTDs mostly impact the world’s poorest people, these diseases are often overlooked by policymakers, and so very few resources are made available to address them.The theme for 2023 World NTD day is Act Now. Act Together. Invest in Neglected Tropical Diseases.
Dengue and Chikungunya
Guinea worm disease
Human African trypanosomiasis
Mycetoma, chromoblastomycosis and other deep mycoses
Scabies and other ectoparasites
These diseases are “neglected” because they are almost absent from the global health agenda, receive little funding and are associated with stigma and social exclusion. They are diseases of neglected populations and perpetuate a cycle of poor educational outcomes and limited professional opportunities.World NTDs Day 2023 | Know your theme
- International Epilepsy Day 2024
- Public Health Nurse | Cold Chain Assitant | latest jobs vacancy 2024
- Staff Nurse | CMLT | Radiographer |Medical Officer | latest jobs 2023
- Different position vacancies at SISO Nepal
- Call for Participation | 24-24 Youth Campaign to End TB
- Pharmacist | Staff Nurse | Anesthesiologist Assistant | Anesthesiologist | Gynecologist, Pediatrician | Physician | Om Women Hospital vacancy
- Community Health Department Supervisor | nursing jobs 2023 | Tansen Hospital
- Program Officer |Public Health Nurse | ngo jobs 2023 | LEADS Nepal
- Checklist for ensuring the quality of violence against women surveys | WHO
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey ! I am Nepal Health Magazine Bot , yet powerful enough to approve, disapprove , delete, ban anything and anyone.