As we are all aware, Nepal has been grappling with the second wave of the pandemic that has shaken the country to its core. With an already fragile healthcare system and a helpless government, the nation is in a brink of collapse. Before things get better, things are looking to just get worse and worse. Hospitals have been overwhelmed, oxygen supplies have run out, and crematoriums have been inundated. It’s just a matter of time before the system collapses to a stage where the entire population might feel unprecedented effects. One of the poorest countries in the world and with no global attention similar to the neighboring country of India, Nepal desperately needs whatever resources it possibly can get to tackle the pandemic. Under such a scenario, Nepal Youth Council is desperate to step up and raise funds to support the system in whatever way possible.
Giving a small context of who we are, Nepal Youth Council is a nationally recognized, legally registered, not-for-profit organization with a network in all 77 districts in Nepal. Focusing more on mobilizing youths at the local level to ensure maximum impact, NYC has been working under several thematic areas since its inception. With a priority to help Nepal achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, NYC has been working with youths between the age of 18-30 and has been organizing several events over the issues of awareness, personality development and growth, sustainable society, sustainable entrepreneurship, and so on. NYC has been legally registered under Social Welfare Council.
Regarding the campaign, NYC aims to conduct a comprehensive fundraising campaign appealing to the people in Nepal and worldwide. The campaign aims to raise 10,00,000 Nepali Rupees in Nepal and $10,000 from around the world. Within Nepal, NYC will be partnering with various digital wallets to raise donations while NYC will be using the Go Fund Me platform to raise donations elsewhere.
The campaign will be led by the General Secretary of NYC with all the central executive members playing a crucial role in the campaign committee. NYC will be mobilizing its strong network of over 10,000 youths in Nepal and is appealing to its international partners to help us raise funds abroad.
NYC aims to roll out immediate resources from the donation raised under three levels. Once the campaign raises 33% of the intended funds, the funds will be withdrawn to buy essential medical supplies in the first phase. The second phase will be rolled out once 66% of the funds are raised while the third phase will be rolled out when 100% of the intended funds are raised. NYC aims to use 80% of the raised funds to purchase antigen kits and support rural healthcare systems in increasing the testing rate while the rest of the 20% will be used to purchase isolation kits to support home isolation and ease the situation in the hospitals. NYC guarantees that a detailed due-diligence will be done before the resources are distributed to any of the local levels. The local committee will ensure the requests while NYC will be partnering with the local government to validate the requests. Every detailed report of the funds raised, funds used, purchases made, and the impact created will be updated in real-time through a website. NYC ensures that transparency will be the core in this entire campaign.
Explore more : http://covidresponse.nationalyouthcouncil.org
Under these circumstances, we are reaching out to you with a ray of hope of getting international support and reaching out to a wider audience. We need donations, no matter how small. Every penny counts and every donation can save a life.
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth