Consultant | SSBH | ingo jobs USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health (SSBH) Activity is a 5-year project aimed at improving health outcomes in Nepal, particularly for the most marginalized and disadvantaged groups in the country. This will be accomplished through supporting the Government of Nepal’s efforts to expand access to and use of quality maternal, newborn and child health and family planning services, with a specific focus on newborn care. Strengthening Systems for Better Health was initiated in January 2018 and will achieve three outcomes:
- (i) improving access to and utilization of equitable healthcare services,
- (ii) improving the quality of health services at facility and community levels and
- (iii) improving health system governance, within the context of decentralization and federalism.
The project is implemented in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Population, the Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration, provincial and municipal governments, facility and community level health service providers and other key stakeholders. SSBH is implemented in all 79 municipalities of Karnali Province, and in all municipalities of Banke, Bardiya, Dang, Kapilvastu, Rupandehi and Nawalparasi West districts of Lumbini Province.
The Activity is seeking applications from qualified professionals for the position listed below.
How to write an effective CV
SSBH is recruiting new team members to plan, manage and deliver technical and material support for the Government of Nepal’s (GoN) response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Position: 12
- Location: Health Desks of Kapilvastu, Banke, and Rupandehi
- Reporting to: Health Emergency Surveillance Technical Officer
- Duration: Short term contract –Duration: up to 90 days
Objectives of the Assignment for Consultant | SSBH | ingo jobs
Under the supervision of the Health Emergency Surveillance Technical Officer (HESTO), the Health Desk Technical Officer ( HDTO) will provide technical and programmatic support to the Points of Entry’s (PoE) Health Desks in the select districts of Lumbini Province’s and help HESTO to facilitate surveillance of COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases at PoEs based on the GoN’s protocols and guidelines. Additionally, HDTOs will be providing support to HESTOs in facilitating the management of PoE’s holding, quarantine, isolation centers, update data of travelers entering through PoEs, and communicate GoN’s approved messages to the travelers. HDTOs will be expected to undertake field travel (up to 20%) if required, with supervisor’s approval.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide onsite support at PoE’s Health Desks in screening and recording the details of the travelers using GoN’s protocol and guidelines
- Assist in regular operations of Health Desks including antigen testing, conducting fever clinic, and daily reporting
- Communicate the risk and importance of preventive measures of COVID-19 by using IEC materials and ensure the IEC materials are distributed to each traveler
- Communicate verbally about the national guidelines on quarantine, testing and home isolation and answer or serve as a liaison with the health desk in-charge in answering any questions of travelers and emphasize on following minimum standard of prevention against COVID-19
- Ensure the data recording forms, screening tools, IEC materials are set up at assigned health desk
- Provide technical and operational support to the HESTOs in capacity building of staff assigned in health desk via training on different concept relating to COVID-19 and other emerging infectious disease.
- Responsible to prepare and submit the report on monthly basis.
How to give an effective interview
Required qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor of Public Health, BSc Nursing, Bachelor’s in Health Education, Staff Nurse and Certificate in General Medicine (HA)
- Some experience on health promotion program is preferable
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Basic computer skills, including effective working skills in remote conditions.
- Be able to write and speak in Nepali and English languages
- Basic understanding of the Nepal health system
- Candidates of Kapilvastu, Banke and Rupandehi will be given preference
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Senior Nurse | Clinic One
- Project Officer | LWF Nepal | ingo jobs
- An array of hope: Ecosystem Restoration
- Vacancy for Staff Nurse and more
- Test Guidelines for the National Licensure Examination for Nurses
- Research Coordinator | ngo jobs
- How does US health insurance work
- PHF successfully conducted “Digitization in Public Health” session
- World Environment Day 2021 |Theme
- World Blood Donor Day 2021 | Theme
- Vacancies on Various Position | NCRS
- Vacancy for Medical Officer / Health Assistant and Nurse
bachelor jobs bph jobs bph notes bph volunteer covid19 Covid19 prevention data entry jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health summit health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for agriculture jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo nepal health nepalihealthjobs new health guidelines ngo jobs ngojobs nursing jobs online course ph updates publichealth Public health Public health concern public health days public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated universal health care universal health coverage day 2020 vacancy for njo WHO official women health
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart.