The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT-N) invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for Mobile Health Practitioner (MHP) to serve in one of our 21 Area Welfare Centers in different districts of Nepal. We are particularly looking for qualified health professionals who are ready to work in the remote part of the country. Application submission deadline is 17 September 2021.
- Able to work clinically and effectively with both medical and non-medical staff.
- Ability to analyse the situation and take appropriate decision during home visit within GWT(N) policies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, paying careful attention to detail and managing multiple tasks.
- Proactive and solutions focused.
- Able to write/ maintain good medical case history of the pensioners.
- Good Communication skills
Eligibility, Required Qualification and Experience:
The applicants must be qualified and licensed as PCL Nurse, or Health Assistant, or above, and registered with appropriate Medical Council in Nepal. S/he should have a minimum of 3 years practical work experience and must be computer literate. The candidate should have experience of practising in a community based medical facility in Nepal, must be familiar with standard infection control precautions, be a team player, be able to function independently but show the ability to identify patient needs above qualification and escalate to the medical management for clinical assistance.
Act as first point of contact for pensioners in the rural areas for acute and chronic disease management in accordance with competency and policy. You are required to:
- Maintain highest possible standards of clinical practice.
- Maintain and manage vulnerable pensioners list and delivery of aid.
- Ensure standards of practice and service delivery as defined by local regulations and International Standards are maintained, and their documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that universal precautions are followed at all times.
- Actively participate in the continuous quality improvement program.
- Ensure that all waste is managed in accordance with local Regulations and GWT(N) standards.
- Perform tests and investigations as required such as ECG, spirometry, blood tests/ phlebotomy in accordance with the guidelines.
- Monitor inventory of medications and other supplies to ensure continuous availability of medications, disposable items and equipment.
- Maintaining and storing of all documentation and records related to the provision of medical services of medications used or dispensed and of consumable items used, including patient records.
- Performing other tasks as might be required within the scope of the services.
As the role of the Mobile Health Practitioner (MHP) is to serve pensioners residing in very remote areas of Nepal the suitable candidate must be physically fit and able to function independently. Possession of a motorbike license will be a desirable competence
Note: Please read through the attached Job Description for further information on job responsibilities.
Remunerations: The position falls in EG3 of our pay structure and will receive a basic monthly salary of NPR.59, 596. All other benefits and facilities will be provided as per GWT(N) Policies and Procedures. The job is offered for 3 years initially and may be extended on the basis of need and performance. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MOBILE HEALTH PRACTITIONER (MHP)
Apply Procedure for Mobile Health Practitioner (MHP)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for aptitude tests and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
To download the full job advert, click here.
To download the full job description, click here.
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
- Data Analyst | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth