KOICA is Korea’s leading development cooperation agency to achieve global social values and aims to fight global poverty and support sustainable socio-economic development in developing countries while at the same time strengthening Korea’s friendly relations with them. Setting health, education, governance, agriculture and rural development and technology, environment and energy as priority sectors, KOICA delivers grant-based programs through its development projects, international volunteer and fellowship programs, emergency relief provision, multilateral cooperation, etc. At present KOICA operates 44 country offices around the globe.
KOICA Empowering Rural Communities in Nepal through an Integrated Approach to Health and Income Growth Project
I. General Information
Job Title: Public Health Officer (PHO)
Sector of Assignment: Health promotion, community health volunteer, school health, capacity-building, income growth, community development
Duty Station (city): Dhulikhel
Project Site: Manekharka, Hindi, Salambu, Puttar
Duration of Assignment: 1 year (extendable based on performance & project duration)
Salary: Negotiable based on the experience and qualification
Title of Supervisor: Project Manager (PM)
Content and Methodology of Supervision
The Public Health Officer (PHO) will work under the direct supervision of the PM-Project Manager with techinical inputs from Health Specialist from the team. PHO will report directly to the Supervisor. At the beginning of his/her assignment, a detailed work plan will be developed jointly by PHO and his/her supervisor and will include the detailed assignments, their timeline, indicators and targets.The supervision will be conducted on a weekly basis through meetings between PHO and his/her supervisor where PHO will provide weekly update on the progress towards targets as well as challenges and lessons learned, and the supervisor will provide feedback and guidance.
Further, regular one-on-one meeting will take place with the supervisor to ensure adequate guidance, clarifications and feedback is being provided against the established work plan.
III. Duties, Responsibilities and Output Expectations
Background Information- Job Specific:
PHO reports to PM who provides board supervision and guidance. The role is responsible for supporting PM with the day-to-day operations of the project and coordinating project progress and implementation. He/she maintains a close eye on the operational and financial performance, identifies probable issues that may need attention, supports in problem analysis and solution identification as necessary, coordinate resolution as per action-items assigned, drafting required correspondences to stakeholders concerned and preparation of project reports. The role can often be required to work in complex and challenging environments with limited resources.
Summary of functions:
1. Project overview and quality assurance
- Supporting project implementation of health field
- Monitoring & evaluation
2. Coordination and Liaison
3. Other relevant administrative tasks
1. Project overview and quality assurance
A. Supporting project design, implementation and quality assurance
- Support the project planning process; including the preparation of Terms of Reference (ToR) and/or Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) as required
- Manage information flows and oversee changes, risks and other relevant issues that occurs during the project implementation;
- Organize stakeholder meetings when necessary, and maintain records of these meetings;
- On behalf of the project and as directed by PM, participate in periodic visits to the project sites to monitor the project implementation procedure.
B. Monitoring & evaluation
- Document and feedback lessons learned and best practices;
- Manage the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data of the project;
- Assist PM in tracking of the project indicators and quality;
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Provide substantive inputs to assist PM in the preparation of project reports and documents;
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents;
- Assist PM in the preparation of project reports
2. Coordination and liaison
- Liaising closely with PM and/or PMO to progress project related tasks;
- Keeping the PM informed of progress of the work and timelines;
- Support for coordinating and drawing agreements between the relevant stakeholders especially participants of health field for effective and efficient implementation of the project.
3. Other relevant administrative tasks
- Conduct field visits as per the requirement.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
Impact of Results: Public Health Officer directly impacts on achievement of project results by assisting PM adhere to project management methods and strategies, reduced risks, cut costs and improved success rates. This consequently reinforces the visibility as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Masters Degree in Public Health or any significant health-related advanced degree
- The required education degree may be substituted by extensive professional experience involving similar work responsibilities.
- At least 3 year experience in relevant field such as community-based health promotion, community health volunteer program, school health, and health care staff training in national and/or international organisation
- Experience in Official Development Assistance project in international organization is desirable. Experience with KOICA will be a plus.
- Language skills: Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Ability to speak the languages spoken in the project site, Tamang, will be an asset
- Use of Microsoft office (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
V. Background Information
Limited access to healthcare services and lack of income source results in low quality of life of people living in the project sites: Manekharka and Hindi in Sindhupalchowk district, Salambu in Kavre district and Puttar in Tanahun district.
Dhulikhel Hospital of Kathmandu University has established 21 outreach centers (ORCs) in rural areas across the country including the project sites, and dispatched medical and paramedical staffs. In addition, Dhulikhel Hospital also has launched the community development programs promoting income growth activities in addition to the provision of basic healthcare services through ORCs, so that community people can fully enjoy the provided services. These efforts are recognized as a new approach of rural development.
In recognition of this effort, Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) has launched a new project titled “Empowering Rural Communities in Nepal Through an Integrated Approach to Health and Income Growth” by signing a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Finance of the Government of Nepal to support Dhulikhel Hospital with its development experience and expertise.
The Project aims to achieve well-being and improved quality of life in rural community as result of strengthened capacity for community development through integrated approach to health and income growth. Main components of project implementation includes: developing a Master Plan to operate outreach centers; workshops with relevant partners for community need assessment and knowledge sharing; capacity building of healthcare personnel, community leaders and members; supporting income generation of community people by cash cropping and other relevant activities; managing and evaluating progress and performance of the project; supporting construction of agricultural infrastructure and health facilities in the project sites.
VI. Agency Information
1. Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)
KOICA is Korea’s leading development cooperation agency to achieve global social values and aims to fight global poverty and support sustainable socio-economic development in developing countries while at the same time strengthening Korea’s friendly relations with them. Setting health, education, governance, agriculture and rural development and technology, environment and energy as priority sectors, KOICA delivers grant-based programs through its development projects, international volunteer and fellowship programs, emergency relief provision, multilateral cooperation, etc. At present KOICA operates 44country offices around the globe.
Official website: http://www.koica.go.kr/sites/koica_en/index.do
KOICA Nepal Office has started its operation in Nepal since 1995 to maximize the effectiveness of Korea’s grant aid programs for developing countries by implementing the government’s grant aid and technical cooperation programs.
Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/koica.npl
2. KOICA “Empowering Rural Communities in Nepal through an Integrated Approach to Health and Income Growth” Project Office
The Project office has established in March 2021 and members are consisted of international and national specialists in project management, health and agriculture of Korea Institute for Development Strategy (KDS) and Yonsei Global Health Center (YGHC)
KDS Official website: http://eng.kds.re.kr/Main/index.html
YGHC Official website: http://globalhealth.yonsei.ac.kr/english/index.php
Dhulikhel Hospital of Kathmandu University is the partner agency for the Project.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned are required to submit their application letter and recent C.V with contact details (email and mobile number) of referee for reference check via email to [email protected]no later than 22nd September 2021 till 17:00 hours.
- Project Coordinator | BSP | ngo jobs
- Head Nurse | IOM Nepal | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Staff Nurse / Medical Nurse | kathmandu jobs 2022
- Program (Cervical Cancer Screening Program) | Karuna Foundation | ngo jobs
- ANM/Staff Nurse | SLF | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Nutrition Officer | MCDC | ngo jobs 2022
- HOW TO WRITE A LITERATURE REVIEW?
- Staff Nurse | Medical Nurse | latest jobs 2022
- Senior Research Associate | CIMMYT | ingo jobs 2022￼
- Strategies for Effective Public Health Leadership
- Health Programme Officer | District Programme Officer | NRCS | ngo jobs 2022￼
- Lab Technician | Lab Assistant | Staff Nurse | Health Assistant | A.N.M. | A.H.W | latest jobs 2022
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing career nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer nursing vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth