Transmission-based Precautions | OPEN WHO Open WHO have announced online course Transmission-based Precautions when used alongside Standard Precautions can stop or slow the spread of known or suspected infections. This course will cover how the main modes of transmission, what precautions can be used stop their spread and what personal protective equipment is required when caring for patients under transmission-based precautions. Transmission-based precautions are additional measures we can use in health care to help keep both staff and patients safe.
Standard Precautions are required for care of all patients in any healthcare setting. These include:
- hand hygiene
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- respiratory hygiene
- safe injection practices
- cleaning of the environment and patient-care equipment
- laundry handling
- waste management
Transmission-based Precautions are used in addition to Standard Precautions for patients with known or suspected infections. The type of Transmission-based Precautions assigned to a patient depends on the transmission route of the microorganism: contact, droplet, or airborne.
- Explain the rationale for Transmission-based Precautions.
- Differentiate between Contact, Droplet and Airborne Precautions.
- Identify elements of Transmission-based Precautions, such as patient placement, environmental cleaning, and patient transport.
Course duration: 1 hour.
Certificates: A Record of Achievement will be issued to participants who receive at least 70% on the post-test.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth