Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepali non-government, not for profit, social development organisation, working with the poor and marginalised people in rural Nepal to empower them in the process of meeting their basic needs, improving livelihoods and building their own institutions. It substantially contributes to rural people’s empowerment and socio-economic reconstruction process, by embracing the rights-based approaches to development. RRN is also committed to creating an enabling environment for building a just, equitable, peaceful and prosperous society through social, economic and political empowerment of the rural poor, particularly the poor rural women, peasants, landless people and other disadvantaged and socially oppressed strata of Nepalese society. Therefore, besides implementing integrated community development programmes at grassroots, it is also extensively engaged in advocacy, lobbying and networking at local, national and international levels to protect and promote human rights and social justice.
RRN is looking for competent candidates to fill in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Officer for ‘One River One Community for DRR Project’ (OROC) supported by an international non-government organization called Shapla Neer being implemented by RRN in Madi Municipality of Chitwan district of Nepal.
Position: Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Officer
Number of Vacancies: 01
Duration: up to January 2023
Job Location: Field office, Madi Chitwan
Reporting Line: Project Coordinator
Key Responsibilities and task: The key responsibilities of the DRR Officer will include the following:
- Coordination with Local Disaster Management Committee (LDMC) and facilitate for effective implementation of LDCRP guideline and capacity development of LDMC, WDMCs and CDMCs.
- Actively coordinate with local government for emergency response.
- Facilitate on CB-DRR activities e.g. CBDRR training, Evacuation drill, Early Warning, Hazard Mapping, for community members through meetings and sessions.
- Facilitate and provide technical support to develop ward level Local Disaster and Climate resilience Plan (LDCRPs)to WDMCs.
- Involve in identifying flood coping strategies and disseminate the information.
- Provide technical support for plantation activity.
- Ensure that CB-DRR is implemented effectively in a quality standards and ensuring consistency of the work in accordance to the programme goal and objectives;
- Support for DRR capacity building of social mobilizers and other team members.
- Assist Project Coordinator in developing operational plans on weekly and monthly basis, reviewing activities periodically, to ensure that project expenditures are used within limits and guidelines approved by the Project Manager.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to line manager (PC), in order to ensure the provision of accurate and updated information.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Forestry, Disaster Management, Development Studies or relevant discipline with at least five years of relevant work experience with development organization.
- Familiarity and experience with project management concepts such as Logical Frameworks, Impact Logic or Results Chains
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of RRN
- Good understanding of DRR governance, DRR policies, VCA tools, Disaster Management Plan and Local Disaster and Climate Resilience planning Guideline
- Ability to work in diverse environment and analyze a situation, synthesize information and use the outputs to improve implementation and good coordination
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Well versed in English and Nepali languages and have good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office
The emolument shall be as per organizations rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with updated CV through E-mail to [email protected] on or before 5 pm of April 03, 2022.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
- Staff Nurse | OT Staff Nurse | Lalbandi | latest vacancy
- Inequality analysis using Excel: Disaggregated data | OpenWHO
- Staff Nurse | IOM | latest vacancy in Kathmandu
- Program Coordinator | Save the Children |ngo jobs 2023
- Communication Officer | AN | ngo jobs 2023
- Counsellor | SOS | ngo jobs 2023
- Nursing Assistant | ECHS | jobs 2023 latest
- Psychosocial Counselor | BVS | ngo jobs 2023
- Health Supervisor | Education Supervisor | Pharmacy| Logistic Officer | PHASE Nepal |ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealthjobs publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth