Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme 2022 : The first cohort of the Fellowship programme was launched on 7th April 2021 and consisted of a total of 20 fellows from 14 countries. The programme is now open and accepting applications for the second cohort, scheduled to commence in May of 2022.
The African Union Commission launched the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) – Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme on 25 May 2020 in partnership with the Kofi Annan Foundation, following its approval by the Governing Board of Africa CDC in March 2018. The aim is to support aspirational Public Health Leaders (Fellows) from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize, manage and lead public health programmes that will transform public health in Africa.
Fellows admitted in the programme will be senior public health professionals from African Union Member States who will contribute to and lead the implementation of a new public health order for Africa, and in turn mentor and develop the next generation of public health leaders for the continent.
Table of Contents
The Fellowship will support 12 months of high-level professional development in advanced public health leadership that includes acquiring skills in health diplomacy, change management, influencing policy, among others. Fellows will be supported by experienced experts in relevant fields from Africa and the diaspora. At the end of the programme, Fellows would have developed skills:
- for competent leadership styles that influence and empower others to achieve challenging multidimensional health goals;
- to frame and develop a viable strategic vision for bold, yet attainable goals for positive health outcomes;
- for well-rounded globally competent leadership with attributes such as vision, resilience, flexibility and efficiency
- to steer the complex environment of public health practice to achieve and maintain positive impact; and in health politics, negotiation, partnerships, and health diplomacy.
Eligibilities for Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme 2022
Applicants for the Fellowship must:
- be citizens of an African Union Member State;
- possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant field in public health;
- have relevant professional experience in any field of public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health;
- be in full-time employment in any area of public health, in a private or public institution in Africa;
- have a good track record or be able to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership where they can positively impact the public health outcomes of populations.
Eligible Regions: African Union Member State
APPLICATION PROCESS for Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme 2022
All applications must be submitted using the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applicants must provide the following required information:
- A support letter from the current employer to confirm employment, guaranteeing that the candidate will be allowed enough time to participate in the Fellowship programme and to attend the full eight weeks of institutional residential experience.
- Letters of recommendation from two reputable professional referees.
- A personal statement (maximum 400 words) providing evidence of the candidate’s commitment to public health in Africa detailing the following:
- Their leadership experience and professional attainment
- Their vision of, and the future impact of effective public health leadership in Africa
- How they would champion public health initiatives in Africa
- A leadership challenge project proposal (maximum 400 words) that outlines a potential leadership challenge project they will implement. The proposal should include a title, brief description of the challenge (the what, the who is affected, and the why), a proposed strategy for a solution, and the expected outcome.
- Completed applications with all supporting documents should be submitted through https://learn.au.int/ form/ kaf-ghlp-2nd-cohort. Incomplete applications and applications sent over email will not be considered.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
- International Epilepsy Day 2024
- Public Health Nurse | Cold Chain Assitant | latest jobs vacancy 2024
- Staff Nurse | CMLT | Radiographer |Medical Officer | latest jobs 2023
- Different position vacancies at SISO Nepal
- Call for Participation | 24-24 Youth Campaign to End TB
- Pharmacist | Staff Nurse | Anesthesiologist Assistant | Anesthesiologist | Gynecologist, Pediatrician | Physician | Om Women Hospital vacancy
- Community Health Department Supervisor | nursing jobs 2023 | Tansen Hospital
- Program Officer |Public Health Nurse | ngo jobs 2023 | LEADS Nepal
- Checklist for ensuring the quality of violence against women surveys | WHO
- Program Coordinator | Community Health Nurse | Dhulikhel hospital
- World Mental Health Day 2023 | Know theme
- Program Coordinator | Advocacy Officer | Local Focal Person | NFDN | ngo jobs 2023
bachelor jobs bph jobs covid19 health health for all health guidelines new health jobs healthjobs healthjobs in nepal health jobs vacancy health public health update ingo jobs jobs after passing bachelor jobs for bph jobs in nepal jobs in ngo ngo jobs ngo jobs vacancy ngo jobs vacancy for bph ngo job vacancy 2021 nurse jobs nurse jobs 2021 nurse vacancy nursing insurance nursing job nursing jobs nursing jobs 2021 nursing jobs in nepal nursing law nursing officer Nursing Vacancy Public health Public health concern public health important days Public health in Nepal publichealth jobs public health updated Staff Nurse Staff Nurse and HA Vacancy | Nepal Army 2021 staff nurse vacancy staff nurse vacancy in ngo 2021 nepal staff nurse vacancy kathmandu who guidelines WHO official
Hey there, I am Nirdesh Baral, founder of Nepal Health Magazine. I am a Tech geek by passion , Public health practitioner by profession and an Ailurophile by heart and a patriot by birth